anyway to recover CD key...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyway to recover CD key...

ok so a while back i installed oen of the new patches for BF2...and it currupted my install of it, so i cant play bf2 Sf, only the regular version, i wanan RE-install everything, wipe it and start over, but i cant find my box for the game that had my CD-key in it, is there any way to find out the CD key off the installed files? dont wanan have to go out and buy another copy unless i have to

Re: anyway to recover CD key...

Your CD key is on the back of your manual.

You can try contacting EA to get a replacement key .. you may have to provide them with a receipt and photos of your CDs, etc.

Otherwise, the CD key is encrypted in the registry now so you can't just go into the registry and get it

Comment

the only wayto obtain your cd key is to contact ea games either by phone or email. Im sure yo can find a telephone number for the ea games in your county. I lost my cd key so i phoned them up and they asked me my name, address and then asked me to read off the serial number on the front of the cd. If you provide them with this info they will give you a cd key there and then.

Hope this helps

Comment

virus does that still work if i never regestered the game

Comment

yep. All they asked me was the serial number on the cd key, no other things apart from name and address which i dont know how they asked that but anyway, no you didnt have to register

Comment

Open regedit (run->type "regedit")
            Goto
            [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2\ergc]
            Left-click on ergc folder and select export and save your CD-key
            And because you have SF too you need to do the same for SF's CD key at
            [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2 Special Forces\ergc]
            Now, to be able to install you need a CD-key. CD-Keys in registry are hashes so you can't use them for installing. I suggest to get a "generic" CD-key easily available on internet, which doesn't work online of course. After installing run your own CD-key, (.reg-file) and play.

There used to be a smal batch file to retrieve the CD-key, but EA changed the way CD-key is stored in registry so it is impossible to know or retrieve it to form it is in the back of your manual.

Comment

didnt someone write a small program a couple months ago that retrieved your cdkey? I thought I saw it posted here.
              "Crunch's First Officer"
              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

flankers advice is a waste of time, dont even read it... Just give ea a call and have your cd handy, thats all

P.s That rythmes

Comment

Originally posted by flanker-f
                  Open regedit (run->type "regedit")
                  Goto

Left-click on ergc folder and select export and save your CD-key
                  And because you have SF too you need to do the same for SF's CD key at

Now, to be able to install you need a CD-key. CD-Keys in registry are hashes so you can't use them for installing. I suggest to get a "generic" CD-key easily available on internet, which doesn't work online of course. After installing run your own CD-key, (.reg-file) and play.
                  This is a really good method of avoiding EA tech support.

Nice.

And it will work just fine: registry keys are just text. if you save and overwrite a dodgy key with your legit key, you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                    didnt someone write a small program a couple months ago that retrieved your cdkey? I thought I saw it posted here.
                    lawl...

Comment

EDIT: Ignore that it doesn't work

IGNORE: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68973
                      Wouldn't this help?

Comment

ur cd mite be encrypted so system restore to when u installed bf2 so system restore to that and hten check ur registry

Comment

What IS the EA support phone number?

Comment

goto the ea hompage it is sure to be listed there

look under support or contact us

Comment

Originally posted by CannonFodder
                              EDIT: Ignore that it doesn't work

IGNORE: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68973
                              Wouldn't this help?
                              ya thats the one I was thinking of . now if Salad would add in a little code to break md5's, that would be nice.
                              "Crunch's First Officer"
                              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
                              X