the RIB replaced this?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the RIB replaced this?!?!

man that thing is UGLY! looks pretty interesting...but i would rather be in a RIB

Comment

why is there always limits??!?!?!?!?!

Comment

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69768
        See this thread

The LCAC was taken out due to the game engine's limitations
        EDIT:It still could be a cool troop carrier

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey9019
          Yes it was suppose to be included in the game but someone forgot to put it in. Would have been pretty cool somewhat I think
          I think it had to do with the engine not being able to handle vehicles on top of vehicles.

Yeah, the RIB's are horrible, I would rather see patrol boats a la Battle of the Phillipenes in BF42, their modern counterparts are probably pretty tough.

Comment

Originally posted by CannonFodder
            EDIT:It still could be a cool troop carrier
            troops get the same collision problem. they would all have to be sitting in seats for it to work but of course no one would do that than the damn thing would cause a server to crash.

Comment

Originally posted by zuiquan1
              troops get the same collision problem. they would all have to be sitting in seats for it to work but of course no one would do that than the damn thing would cause a server to crash.

look at my sig...there are two people sitting on top of an F-35, if that can happen I believe it would be possible to put troops freely on an LCAC

Comment

I'd rather be in an RIB than any of that stuff. Why? Because the RIB is probably faster, so at least I can get OUT of it. When's the last time you wanted to be in that floating coffin that's a free kill for 50-cal and anything that flies?

Comment

Yes, but it's just as well it isn't in the game. Y'all know damn well that one bozo would jump on and drive off leaving 6 people behind. We don't need another solo player taxi. BUT it sure would be nice to drive up the beach at Wake and take a flag. They aren't that slow and it's big enough to take more hit damage than a RIB. With some mounted guns and a 360 degree TOW, I'd much rather have a hovercraft than an APC, and that way it couldn't be used effectively with less than 4 people on board. A squad battle platform that one person can't whore.

Originally posted by CannonFodder
                  ....EDIT:It still could be a cool troop carrier

Comment

Proly' make Wake Island a bit more fun with this and make it a tad more easier for the US

Comment

Originally posted by Darthdean1600
                      why is there always limits??!?!?!?!?!
                      its why ARE there limits...

Well its just technology and software for you. Will be done one day, but you already all agree that BF2 etc is better than any console game so really to be honest you are playing on the forefront of multiplayer military combat gaming. They will work something out one day... but there have to be limits in the first place or you wouldnt be able to make things better would you?

Comment

How is it that game programmers seem to code themselves into a ditch? I can't understand how that could be impossible.

Comment

you have to set paramaters to allow for damage and colission, an event and a value prob based on speed, angle etc etc... so if you program an event for "Collission" but this particular vehicle has to allow for carrying... the collision event is firing once another vehicle touches it... it would prob wabble about and what not... im a business software developer not a games one so I couldnt say for sure but I dont think its the programmers coding themselves into a ditch I think its more a "oh that would be nice but we cant quite get it yet" should they cancel the whole project or just remove that element?

Comment

RIB? Are you refering to a body part? If not then you mean RHIB (Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat).

Comment

Originally posted by phantasm11B
                              RIB? Are you refering to a body part? If not then you mean RHIB (Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat).

actually there is no "Hull" in it, it's just RIB

Comment

Originally posted by MG36CE Fan
                                actually there is no "Hull" in it, it's just RIB
                                Beg your pardon? What are your credentials. I'm a former BM3 who has been through Coxswains school and used to drive one. Mind telling me who you are?

Comment

Working...
                                X