Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can someone help me?..

Originally posted by [2bit]Modmaven
    Keep in mind that there has to be somebody using whatever you are repaiting to get repair points though
    Almost correct - the USS Essex Phalanx gun yields repair points even if unmanned. I got my veteran repair on Iron Gator, repairing the Phalanx

Comment

soz, im lost, dont know what your asking for

Comment

Originally posted by Gav
        True, Berrern, but they both count as "Driver" points in your stats, and both types are covered in my first post (although not explicitly stated as being differently labelled)...

EDIT: Incidentally, there is another type too. You also get "driver kill assist" points when you are a passenger in a vehicle and the driver makes a kill.
        Are you sure that Driver Kill Assists counts towards Driver points?

Also, I think that whether you're the driver or a passenger, the Driver Kill Assist point is the same. Not sure though!

Heh, god bless EA for their good documentation on the point system in BF2

Comment

Lol... yeah, not great is it...

The Driver Kill Assist point is the same in terms of what it's called, but since the OP was looking for ways to improve his driver points, it should be explained how those points are earned so that he knows what he needs to be attempting to do. One is earned by being the driver in a vehicle and having your passengers kill things (all passengers), and one is for the driver of a vehicle killing things while you're a passenger (but not when the other passengers kill things).

If you're aiming for driver points and you're in, say, an attack chopper, knowing how you get the points means you really want to be the pilot, as the gunner is going to rack up more kills than the pilot is, and therefore the pilot will get more driver assists than the gunner. Conversely, if you're in an APC, most of the kills will come from the driver, meaning you want to be the passenger to get the most driver assists... Knowing what you get the points for help you make decisions which affect how many of those points you're likely to get.

Knowing how the points are awarded can make it easier to decide what position in a vehicle you want to be in, depending on who in the vehicle is likely to get the most kills. Sometimes it's different. You're not going to earn any driver assists if you're the gunner in a boat, for example, because the driver of the boat isn't going to kill anyone. So if you're going to be in a boat, you should aim to be the driver if you want to pick up driver points. But the opposite would be true in a bomber jet, say, because most of the kills will come from the pilot, so you would aim to be the passenger if you were specifically looking for driver points.

Sorry, I can't think of a clear example, I just think it helps to know exactly what you get the points for so that you know how to play for them rather than just receive them by accident.

Comment

Originally posted by scknight
            lol, how ironic that he says "that's a NOOB post" and yet he double-posted. lololol

Rofl Good one :laugh:

Comment

lmao, thats nice, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Berrern
                Almost correct - the USS Essex Phalanx gun yields repair points even if unmanned. I got my veteran repair on Iron Gator, repairing the Phalanx
                I am pretty sure this isn't true - can't speak for Iron Gator because I almost never play it, but on the Essex on Wake I am pretty sure you don't get repair points unless the gun mount is manned.

Comment

Originally posted by El_m_ent
                  I am pretty sure this isn't true - can't speak for Iron Gator because I almost never play it, but on the Essex on Wake I am pretty sure you don't get repair points unless the gun mount is manned.
                  well, I am also unsure, but I am sure that if you destroy the Essex as USMC you get Team vehicle damage even when it's empty...so perhaps repair points are possible!

Comment

Glad someone has cleared that up coz im looking to get my crew service ribbon.

So i need 1 driver special ability point(either from being driver or gunner). Then can either be a driver or a gunner to get 13 driver kill assists and 5 kills of my own.

sweet, gives me something to do tonight lol

Comment

Just like when you fix your own Tank/Apc you don't get any repair points they have to occupied. The only unmanned things you get points for are the commander’s assets.

Comment

NO MIKEHUNT-UK, the correct answer was posted above - you DO get repair points for repairing the USS essex guns even when they are unmanned as they are counted the same as the assets (you get team vehicle damage blowing up freindly empty ones just like arty)

How about actually trying it before spreading untruths about and confusing people

Comment

best bet for your knife is to play a large Shariq map.

Play as MEC and as a medic.

Get in the boat and head for the TV, go in and up to the roof and there will prob be 2, 3 or 4 snipers who havent bothered to claymore their position. If you get shot on the way you can just heal yourself back up to health... Give it the snipers with your knife and if your lucky you will get them when they re-spawn... if you do get killed then you already have a few kills so just do it a couple more times.

hth

Comment

Well, I am sure. Try it - you do get points for repairing an unmanned Phalanx, just like the Commander assets

Originally posted by dontshoot@bob
                            So i need 1 driver special ability point(either from being driver or gunner). Then can either be a driver or a gunner to get 13 driver kill assists and 5 kills of my own.
                            IIRC only the driver of a vehicle receives Special Ability points. I'm pretty sure of this.

Comment

If you have Special Forces I recommend playing Spetz side on Mass destruction 64 map size with around 30-40 players. then hang around the scrapyard and substation for you knife kills. incidently, I got my expert knife on warlord with around 30 players, although I dont think warlord is the best map for it.
                              "Crunch's First Officer"
                              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Thanks for that tip

Think warlord is best for ordanance... spec ops, tv station, C4 on the pillar near the entrance to the flag on the stairs... blow em as they come... you will have to get more ammo, but if they grapple up the front, once you notice the flag is captured make sure your clear then get lobbin nades into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X