I might be buying the alienware area-51 m550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I might be buying the alienware area-51 m550

I was going to buy Alienware after Dell screwed me with their **** xps systems. But then I found a little company called Can Computer (Vancouver based). I ordered a much better system for about $1000 cheaper than a comparable Dell system. And it took only a week for me to get it (no payment plan though, gotta buy it with CC or money order). My system kicks and it cost only $2000 CAD

Comment

Okay.
      1. Getting a laptop?
      1.1 Wait until July-August when Merom (Core 2 Duo) arrives.
      1.2 Dont want to wait? get a Yonah (Intel Core Duo)
      2. Getting a desktop?
      2.1 Wait until July-August when Conroe (Core 2 Duo also, goes under the E-series) arrives.
      2.2 Dont want to wait? Get an AMD x2.

For 1: Buy a LG, Sony or ASUS. All good brands.
      For 2: Build your own, will be cheaper.

Comment

Alienware vs Dell.......Well I am pretty sure i read somewhere that Dell bought Alienware so "Dude! Your getting a Dell!" anyways.

Comment

your wives a gamer?
          Yes, although she mostly plays RTS and MMORPG games. Due to a handicap, she can't do run & gun type games...no use of her left arm and hand. If it ain't 100% driveable with the mouse, she can't play it well.

Comment

Originally posted by SiLeNTrigger
            like the topic syas, i might be buying it today. i like alienware because they are laptops, and offer the monthly payment. anyone have it that can tell me how many frames you get?

ps. im typing this at school.
            Don't buy a new comp just yet. Vista is around the corner and I am personally waiting till then to buy my new comp. Its gonna be a badass gaming machine

Comment

Originally posted by FSK300
              Yes, although she mostly plays RTS and MMORPG games. Due to a handicap, she can't do run & gun type games...no use of her left arm and hand. If it ain't 100% driveable with the mouse, she can't play it well.
              wow, what happened to her left hand/arm?

Comment

hi, im saving for a 1,000 gamin computer, at the moment im using a 'Dell XPS'(tower) , i got 896pound at the moment, woooooooo

Comment

where'd silent go? any comments silent?

Comment

Build one mate!
                    A lot more bang for your buck

Comment

Originally posted by SiLeNTrigger
                      like the topic syas, i might be buying it today. i like alienware because they are laptops, and offer the monthly payment. anyone have it that can tell me how many frames you get?

ps. im typing this at school.
                      Alienware = Dell = Junk

ALienware has been purchased by Dell and that can be a good or a bad thing, depending on personal experience.
                      The Dell XPS laptop when configured on their website with high end ram and a videocard is excellent. Too many variables to say "you will get this many frames". Basically the Dell laptops ar ethe only real gaming laptops available. Might as well go with them.

Originally posted by Maestro Satanus
                      Don't buy a new comp just yet. Vista is around the corner and I am personally waiting till then to buy my new comp. Its gonna be a badass gaming machine
                      Vista is an operating system dude, I dont know wtf you are thinking of, but it's like XP/NT, etc. You can install that OS when it is available on pretty much any computer...

You can't just "build" a laptop, it takes a lot of computer knowledge, moreso than just building a desktop.

Comment

Working...
                      X