Trying to Love the MG36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trying to Love the MG36

The MG36 doesn't heat up as fast as the SAW, which in my books puts it higher in my liking.

However I like the RPK-74.

KBK

Comment

MG36 > PKM

PKM:
      45 damage
      450 RoF

MG36
      30 damage
      600 RoF

Now lets see, against unarmored targets the MG36 takes 4 hits to kill and teh PKM 3.

That means the MG36 kills an unarmored target in 0.4 seconds (assuming all bullets hit). The PKM also kills in 0.4 seconds so they are really equal against unarmored guys.

However, against armored guys, the MG36 takes 5 hits to kill and the PKM 4.

That means the MG36 kills in 0.5 seconds, while the PKM only kills in 0.533 seconds.

As mentioned the MG36 is also more accurate, so those bullets will hit more often.

The only advantage to the PKM is the louder sound (which people seem to like), the clip lasts longer (which shouldn't be a problem. if you are taking 100 bullets to kill a squad then you need to practice a bit.) and it damages vehicles more.

Comment

Originally posted by Marveric
        That means the MG36 kills in 0.5 seconds, while the PKM only kills in 0.533 seconds.

As mentioned the MG36 is also more accurate, so those bullets will hit more often.
        There are several situations where that doesn't quite work out though.

First, if you're engaging distant targets where your hit probability drops, being able to hit someone with 45 damage before they can react and take cover is better than hitting them with 30. With even more distant targets, you're going to be firing slowly, single-shot most likely, in which case the PKM killing in significantly fewer shots is an advantage. Hitting someone in the head with a PKM bullet is also fatal, hitting someone in the head with an MG36 bullet does 90 damage.

On close-range targets, you're most likely aiming from the ground, which means the odds of hitting their legs is high, which dampens damage, in which case overall damage rate is a better figure. In those situations, the MG36 suffers because it has the WORST overall damage rate. The PKM actually falls behind the stock guns in overall damage, making the stock guns ideal for close combat.

Comment

What about the max dev of 10 (mg36) vs 2.5 (pkm), doesn't that put people off ?
          I know you should be doing scb's or tap-tap-tap semiauto shooting but in some cases (e.g. squad rounding a corner) you have to go full auto over a period of time. In those cases it seems to me the pkm overperforms the mg36, which seems to spray everywhere. I used to love mg36 over pkm before the great mg buff, firerate and slow heat and all, but after it and even the nerfs there doesn't seem to be that many reasons to use MG36

Comment

I love the MG36, 95 hours & counting, would never dream of using the PKM. It's a gift from the gods, and one that I can use very effectively

Comment

I use PKM on long range suppression and Mg36 on short range.

Comment

RPK 74 seems to be much better then both, similar to the mg36 but more accurate

Comment

The RPK-74 is better than both of them.

Originally posted by honestabeX

Word.

Comment

the Prolifiic Kill Monstrocity
                    or
                    the Master Gun 36

I'll take the MG36, more accurate, faster ROF, and takes less time to kill with the faster ROF

Comment

Originally posted by honestabeX
                      heh.... actually the MG36 is more accurate, the RPK just does a ****load more damage.

What about the max dev of 10 (mg36) vs 2.5 (pkm), doesn't that put people off ?
                      It takes two full seconds of full auto fire to hit the 2.5 max, and at that point, you are REALLY spraying. I can't think of any situations where a target is going to be close enough to hit them with 2.5 inaccuracy that they wouldn't be dead long before then.

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeDogVT
                        Don't misunderstand me... I think the MG36 is a great gun and I use it alot. The problem is firepower as opposed to the PKM. I like to use the MG36 because its much quieter, shoots really fast and looks cool. It just has trouble putting people away. My opponents always seem to get to cover before I can finish them off, But when I switch back to the PKM they drop like flys.

It would be the gun of choice if it had more stopping power, even an increase from 30 to 32 would make a big difference, 34 would be optimal. Either that or make it more accurate, in keeping with the other 'G36' guns. What's the deal with the 3 shot burst... Why wouldn't I use the g36E for that (more power and way, way more accurate).
                        NOOB ALL UNLOCKS SUCK

Try using the RPK dude it pwns or the saw in the patch they made the reg alot better so you can get headshots. I don't know why all you nub pub with your Unlocks. I haven't touched mine.
                        Explain to me why you use them?

Comment

Originally posted by NSF|0v3rKi11
                          NOOB ALL UNLOCKS SUCK
                          *Bangs head on desk due to stupidty and ignorance*

Comment

Originally posted by vets.Sarge
                            *Bangs head on desk due to stupidty and ignorance*
                            dude unlocks require NO SKILL

Comment

dude unlocks require NO SKILL
                              Mine do. I have to aim. Also click the mouse.

Comment

PKM is still the best support weapon. Even after the latest patch made it so that it completely misses an entire barn at close range, randomly and at extremely inconvenient times.

NOOB ALL UNLOCKS SUCK

Try using the RPK dude it pwns or the saw in the patch they made the reg alot better so you can get headshots. I don't know why all you nub pub with your Unlocks. I haven't touched mine.
                                Explain to me why you use them?
                                Whatever pal. You stick with what works for you and everyone else will do the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X