Do you use a mic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you use a mic?

No, just bought a superb pair of headphone before I got BF2, and I'm too tight to pay for another set with a mic!

Comment

Sometimes... I cant play when I'm talking havent got used to it yet oh I dont have a 11th finger :P to "push to talk"

Originally posted by starbug1969
      No, just bought a superb pair of headphone before I got BF2, and I'm too tight to pay for another set with a mic!
      You can use headphones and buy a mic for $3 lol

Comment

I use it whenever others are vocal. It's a must as a leader. It's always much easier to say "sniper, left side of the far wall" to fine tune the spotting. Or yell out "tank behind us!". On the downside, most of the time squad members don't stick together, so it gets pointless calling out details when everyone is scattered all over the map doing their own thing, and the squad leader is copter whoring. In my BF2 experience though, it's pretty hard to stop a squad that sticks together and is on mic. It's just rare for that to happen, but it's awesome when it does. Probably why so many people stick to clan play.

Comment

use it all the time, the only games I don't NEED it are WoW and diablo 2, thats mostly because your health dosen't disappear in a second. There are even parts in those games where it's better to have it though, especially when things get tough.

FPSs a must, especially considering that you'r probably playing against people that are using voice to co-ordinate attacks and sometimes like with a tank, you don't have a chance to spot it, but you see or hear it comming and you want to warn your sqaud. Even for RTSs against a computer, it's great to have, great for making adjustments mid battle with your fellow players.

the VOIP is this game is decent now, seemed to be more crackly when it first came out. Having it push to talk, on two different buttons is a bit of a pain, but better then nothing.

I use Teamspeak with friends, and have it set to voice activation, so I can talk and never have to worry about pushing extra keys. It's saved my ass in game plenty of times, as well as saving others butts. I especially love hearing, "YOURGETTINGC4ED" gives me that second to run out of the armour just as it gets blown up.

Comment

I use my mic whenever I can. I find its unbeatable when your working in a squad.

Comment

I've got a Sennheiser USB headset that I use every time I load up BF2. I only play on servers where squad play and teamwork are the norm so having a good headset is important. Additionally, I play Commander quite a bit (just under 100 hours to date) and I find that squads are more likely to do what I ask them when I'm talking to them via headset mic than if I'm using the canned CO commands and text chat.

Comment

I use a mic 60% of the time. I find often, people will gel into a strong squad when 1-3 people in it are using a Mic. It is great for getting the commander's attention, or to rip him about something.

They are a must for any player, even if you only use it 30% of the time. They save people's ass so much when you are in a squad that is away from the front line and you see a random claymore or you lob a grenade.

It sucks that you don't have a third mic button to talk to people outside your squad in close proximity. I see claymores all the time, and I can't warn a teammate outside my squad about it. Lucky me, I am often a medic.

On that note, it is great when your teammates have mics, they will ask, "Rocket, drop a med pack" without pulling up the comm-rose.

Today, I had to tell the commander to cool down the chatter, because there was so much intrasquad talk, I could not hear my environment. The commander was pretty understanding about it. He would orally tell all the squads about this and that, then I would relay the info to the rest of the squad...like "three men coming up behind 'the alley'", and I would say to my squad, "heads up, 3 guys around here!"

An enemy without this kind of communication is often at an extreme disadvantage.

Comment

It's also fun to crack jokes with your squad mates

Comment

i love it when my squad actually talks on their mic..but it rarely happens and tehy all dont have to come with a headset. i had a pair of 5.1 headphones and sicne it ddint have a mic..i attached a karoke microphone to smething so i could talk and play at the same tiem

Comment

This is all you need...

Nothing fancy, gets the job done...just need to adjust your settings for optimal sound.

Comment

Working...
                      X