Small FPS Tweak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small FPS Tweak

If you're like me who cannot get pass 99.9 or 102.4 FPS in BF2, then this is for you. All you have to do is: while in game, go into the console (~) and type in game.lockFps 0. I went from 99.9 to around 170! Give it a try =).

Re: Small FPS Tweak

Yes it works but what is the point?

Why not just crank up the AA and AF more from the Nvidia control panel, instead of worrying about getting rediculious FPS...

Comment

I've been using this since the game came out. Though I have to set it to a high number (like '999'), rather than '0'. I get about 140fps on all high and 2x AA.

~Salad

Comment

I'm an FPS whore, what can I say?

Comment

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
          Yes it works but what is the point?

Why not just crank up the AA and AF more from the Nvidia control panel, instead of worrying about getting rediculious FPS...
          Because the more FPS you have (100+) means your FPS will only dip to the 60's in a heavy firefight which means you can stay competitive instead of chugging around at 10fps. It's all about overhead.

Comment

I hope you enjoy playing in low settings to have 170fps rahter than 99,9 LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork
              I've been using this since the game came out. Though I have to set it to a high number (like '999'), rather than '0'. I get about 140fps on all high and 2x AA.

~Salad
              *envy*

hehe someone told me to use this so i can see below 15fps and actualyl see like 4fps :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork

~Salad
                Me want.

Comment

I was running on mostly medium/high at around 70fps, but then cleared my shaders and set it to all high (my friend set my card should be able to do better). I guess my shaders were corrupt or something, because I'm getting better FPS on all high, =)

~Salad

Comment

I always have to have over 100FPS in any game to be statisfied, sadly. I wish I never cared about FPS. I go for highest settings (currently Ultra High & 6xAA in BF2) and expect high frames =S.

Comment

Originally posted by FalloutYear
                      I always have to have over 100FPS in any game to be statisfied, sadly. I wish I never cared about FPS. I go for highest settings (currently Ultra High & 6xAA in BF2) and expect high frames =S.
                      Is there a differnce between all high and ultra high?

Comment

Is there any IQ lost with this tweak?

Comment

im good with my 30-40...

Comment

Originally posted by pYura
                            Is there a differnce between all high and ultra high?
                            Yeah - terrain looks much better, more things are bump mapped, textures are better, models look more real, and lighting. The shadows aren't much different, they're still buggy.

Comment

I think the cap is there for a reason. If your going from an open place with 120 fps to a firefight where it dips way down its going to look a lot choppier than it would if you had the cap @ 99.

That command isnt going to do anything for the people that are already getting low FPS, and FPS overheads are pure BS.

Comment

Working...
                              X