dive zoom shoot..... shoot dive zoom..... zoom shoot dive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dive zoom shoot..... shoot dive zoom..... zoom shoot dive

When Im strolling down an alleyway with my PKM, for example and I come face to face with another PKM toting individual who happens to be my enemy... here's how it goes more often than not...

I go prone and fire, maybe a quarter of a second apart... Now most of the time the crosshairs is on his neck of head, as I have pretty good aim (if I do say so myself... and I do...)Im firing away and it seems that from the hip, in the middle of his dive, he pops me in the face...

Aside from crying "Cheater!" I have come to the conclusion that I am doing something ineffecient...

I've tried various methods of initiating an engagement of force with the enemy and when its face to face, at close range or long range, and we both have the chance to react at the same time, the other guy seems to win more often. Its frustrating!

It happens at range too, like as a medic, against another medic... the first shot out of their gun, or the first burst into my body is in my forehead ... are they just getting lucky or are they operating in a different method that is more effecient?

I go prone first, should I shoot first and go prone second? Is it "simultaneous"?

What button is "Prone" for you? What works best..... Im picking all your uber-leet brains here, so thanks for the input.

I want to get to the next level...

Re: dive zoom shoot..... shoot dive zoom..... zoom shoot dive

lol, practise and you will feel it

Comment

You are shooting @ their head when they are in fact already prone, the animation just hasn't caught up w/ their actual movement, that is why ppl shoot @ their shoelaces, because not only is that where they will be, but because of ping, video lag, & slow animations limiting you seeing it, they may already be prone when they are shooting you meaning they actually beat you to the prone position

peace

Comment

It depends on how far away my enemy is. If you can, simply keep running and elude them when they're on the ground. Many a knife kill can be obtained this way

In most cases, you'll simply die if you keep running at them. I personally don't start shooting immediatley after going prone. I wait a split second before firing - Since the latest patch it gives you much better accuracy. While your opponent will be spraying and might land a lucky shot on you, You will have the accuracy to take him out quickly with 2 or 3 bullets. I'm talking about a very short split second here. Just enough to make your bullets go where you intend them to. Try it, go prone and immediatley start firing at a wall, then move up a bit, go prone and wait a bit longer before firing. You'll notice a difference in the pattern on the wall. Just look at your crosshairs, they shrink and grow larger.

Oh:

-Zoomed: More accuracy, higher recoil
        -unzoomed: less accuracy, lower recoil

As a medic, i often don't bother going prone. The first couple of bullets are accurate enough for a headshot from an ak-101, or one headshot + a hit anywhere else with a g36e.

Comment

I think serialbutcher nailed it (sorry for not using caps )

it's highly likely that you're shooting at thin air, even though it doesn't look like that on your screen. I have no clue where the actual hitbox is and if that actually is the case, but try to aim lower anyway, and see if that helps.

Also, you say "zoom" on topic, even though you don't mention that in text.. my point being, don't zoom, especially with support, which doesn't gain any more accuracy from zooming (at least it didn't, someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Spending a second bringing up ironsights in close-medium range encounters is usually fatal.

Also, this is my personal preference, but I try to keep my sights at upper chest/neck area rather than directly on head for those face to face unzoomed situations. You usually have as much chance to score a headshot as aiming directly at head, but you have higher chance to score body hits in addition to that.

Comment

great input, thanks a lot, i shall implement some of this tonight.

Comment

Good thread, usefull information.

Comment

Yep, aim for the feet.

Comment

Well the other night I was playing as a medic on Strike and I can say I owned a lot of people withut really going prone. L85A2 is a good weapon in short bursts with a heck of a scope.

It really comes done to who gets the first shot off for rifles. If you get hit, you have to readjust your aim. So the first guy to fire first and hit wins.

Prone takes to long to enter. Just crouch!

Comment

It's about aim and reaction and without some serious practice you won't obtain that.

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
                      When Im strolling down an alleyway with my PKM, for example and I come face to face with another PKM toting individual who happens to be my enemy... here's how it goes more often than not...

I go prone and fire, maybe a quarter of a second apart... Now most of the time the crosshairs is on his neck of head, as I have pretty good aim (if I do say so myself... and I do...)Im firing away and it seems that from the hip, in the middle of his dive, he pops me in the face...

Aside from crying "Cheater!" I have come to the conclusion that I am doing something ineffecient...

I've tried various methods of initiating an engagement of force with the enemy and when its face to face, at close range or long range, and we both have the chance to react at the same time, the other guy seems to win more often. Its frustrating!

It happens at range too, like as a medic, against another medic... the first shot out of their gun, or the first burst into my body is in my forehead ... are they just getting lucky or are they operating in a different method that is more effecient?

I go prone first, should I shoot first and go prone second? Is it "simultaneous"?

What button is "Prone" for you? What works best..... Im picking all your uber-leet brains here, so thanks for the input.

sorry brow, but how would have a good aim if your k/d is 0.8?
                      but still your Overall Accuracy is 23%

maby you must aim more towards the head....
                      oh yea and also don't forget what SERAILBUTCHER said...

then everything would be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01

Its all about ping on the net mate you both prone and aim for the head and fire at the exact same time the one with the lowest ping wins (they report it to the server first) its sad but true.

Comment

Pkm's are for retards with no skill. Thus we have you who is such a retard who cant even use the retard cannon right, go back to preschool.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafiki
                            Pkm's are for retards with no skill. Thus we have you who is such a retard who cant even use the retard cannon right, go back to preschool.
                            wtf what was that for

Comment

Maybe its because your a dolphin diver and you are getting what your kind( The people who at point blank go prone and start firing constantly) deserve DEATH

P.S Even though they do this in a attempt to kill me it rarly works let me explain
                              Me:Standing Other Joker:Prone so his head is facing towards me so 2 shots with P90 = death to him

Comment

Working...
                              X