Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a Battlefield 2 player, how far will you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a Battlefield 2 player, how far will you go?

This is a simple question of self improvement after being beaten. Its very hard to examine yourself on an infantry level, unless we dont use three categories like "I suck" "Im average" "Im good" ("Im the best"). Anyway, Im just trying to find out, if you guys are willing to go down the self-improvement road if your ass has been handed to you?

Heres a live example, which has kind of been my own personal case. I got beat by a pilot in a MiG, it really showed that he was better. Now instead of dropping and accepting that he was better, I blamed everything on the jet difference and found out how to use F35B againts the MiG more effectively. In servers I deliberately engaged a MiG with missile lock so he startes evading and I tried to get myself into a better shape by chasing him for as long as possible.

Or another one, tanks. I "trained" shots at high speed movement to have an edge over enemy tanks.

Helos. Sidestrafing with precision FFAR shots, quickspins and various maneuvers.

To get back to the point, when you feel like your ass is being handed toyou, do you try to improve yourself, or will you shrug it off and accept that there are better players?

Re: As a Battlefield 2 player, how far will you go?

im the type of player that will do everything in my power to seek revenge. ive been bested a few times, and it got to me, but i just suck it up and go after em like a bat outta hell

Comment

Almost everytime I am killed (unless I spawn in Arty or right in front of a tank) I learn something and make myself better.

(on edit)
      But I am not going to go into single player mode and practice something, I would rather practice it wtih real competition.

Comment

I always work to improve myself, 15 seconds at a time.... There are few cases where I feel that my opponent really has gotten the best of me, and I'm somewhat stubborn about defending an area, so he'll usually see me again

Comment

Well, the right answer is to say that i improve everytime i'm killed. I practice a lot of evasive maneuvers, both in the air and on the ground. I spend hours playing singelplayer on hard just understand every weapon in the game. Every evening, i target practice with the bots on bf2, seeking to get a headshot on every shot.

The true answer is that it pis$es me off every time i get killed, and that i do anything to get revenge. KILL KILL KILL!

Comment

If I am bested by one player, I keep playing and try to beat them.

If my entire team is being beat down, then I find a different server.

Comment

Self-Improvement?

"Trying is the first step towards failure"

Muhuhuhaha....

Comment

It depends on the circumstances and the kit you are using!
                For instance:- if I'm playing sniper and happen to run into a tank/APC - well you're toast (even good players wouldn't stand a chance unless you are up a crane or high building etc).
                How else are you supposed to learn how to be a better player unless you meet superior players and duplicate their winning strategies/tactics?
                That's one things that never ceases to amaze me about BF2, the diversity in which you can run riot on the battlefield!

Sometimes peace can only be bought about by WAR!

Comment

I tend to be hard headed and if i am "bested" by someone i keep coming back until i get it right or they get tired of killing me...thus my bad kd ratio LoL

Comment

I'll go until we release PoE2 to the masses, then I will probably quit vanilla bf2.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                      I'll go until we release PoE2 to the masses, then I will probably quit vanilla bf2.
                      There was talk amongst my clan of converting three of our game servers to PoE.. What the hell is it about >_>?

Comment

Im the best, i never get owned unless my team is just completly getting kicked in the ass.

Comment

There will always be "better" players...however, I do try to improve MY game, every chance I get

Comment

I have my "usual" level of "effort", but when I am killed, especially if I am killed 2 times in a row by the same player, I "take it to the next level", if you know what I mean

After that WATCH OUT

peace

Comment

i would prob try to improve myself if i could play whenever i want..but im more in a ...hey my parents arent home...bf2 time!

Comment

Working...
                              X