Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I be the best commander I can be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How can I be the best commander I can be?

A Commander is one who serves.

Have supplies ready for the most useful squad you see. That one "GOOD" squad will go to where they are needed most. They are the ones that recieve the UAV and Artillery support that is needed.

That squad will feel as if they own the Commander and all the arty, UAV and supplies to themselves. You will be surprised what battles they can fight once they feel a valued part of the team.

A map or two later that squad will respond to your every request like a eager slave seeking to stay in the master's favor.

Disregard the noobs that hover between spawn and enemy doing nothing. Yelling at them or texting them to death to motivate them is a waste of your time. They will die soon enough.

DONT drop supplies on your assets, be an engineer and ready to fix your stuff after organizing a "Clean up" that eliminates the pesky spec ops. No opponet that I have ever Commanded against has won by rapage alone.

Encourage your people everytime they take a base, applaud them with the "Commend" squad function specifically after a useful victory or battle action that squad took that set the enemy back.

Dont get fixtated on one enemy tank as two of your bases fall. Keep your head out of the street corner. BUT DO.... spot that tank and specifically type in a request for a teammate to kill it by AT Mines, airstrike, heli strike, another tank etc... anyway they can. Support thier actions with supply especially if you are enjoying two or three armor manned by engineers that are rolling in to destroy tank.

Dont focus too much on one tree. Whole forests has burned around idiot myopic commanders who cannot stay off the ARMOR SPOTTED! ARMOR SPOTTED ARMOR SPOTTED ARMOR SPOTTED. As if that is some kind of soothing sound in thier ears.

IF I SPOT something get to em and kill em quick or WE WILL LOSE Damn it!

Scan your map often. Check your rear bases, there will ALWAYS be enemies sneaking in to take it especially if they are losing badly. If you find this, then be a sniper, drop clays around that base and have others come in to assist you with defense of that sector.

Finally my personal favorite:

Scan a map. Example Karkand. Then type the results like so:

3 infantry Suburb, antitankers square armor by Hotel Warehouse, gatehouse and cement factory clear.

As the situation changes update your team regularly. You will be surprised and pleased as the people actually respond to accurate and updated battle reports from your big scans as a team.

Locate the enemy commander and ask spec ops to assasinate him or her. They enjoy such work instead of a boring artillery destroy mission.

Finally, ignore the crap about not being a fighting commander. Just stay the hell out of the way unless threatened by the enemy. Then do what is necessary to defend yourself.

Comment

"Nothing irritates me more than seeing a commander running around and engaging the enemy instead of doing his job."

Amen..

I just pick an out of the way spot and just COMMAND..

I've even had enemies take the flag I'm near and I don't even notice (I quickly forget where I've spawned)..

I especially appreciate feedback from squad leaders (supply drop requests, UAV)..

And it's great when they listen (when I tell them to fall back because I want to drop arty on a particularily hot zone)..

Having a blast, so far..

thanks for the tips, heavy..

Very helpful..

Comment

i tend to remember the ones that used voip..and the ones that flew jets..but dont do that

Comment

Working...
        X