Wierd sounds on Sharqi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd sounds on Sharqi

Playing Sharqi peninsula and on the central control point across from the 2 buildings under construction. I keep hearing a wierd noise like metal groaning or twisiting. It happens randomly and usually only when I'm next to that CP. Is it a ghost in my machine or does anyone else hear this as well.

Re: Wierd sounds on Sharqi

I can hear lots of weird thing when I use my headphones, like the same radio message ever 3 seconds, over and over and over.

Comment

That's spooky :P. I never hear anything.

Comment

nope that must b scary tho if ur in a dark room on ur own nd u hear grounin!! lol no idea...BUG?

Comment

I have a 5.1 setup, but I also use my headphones too. Because my speaker config is setup for 5.1, when i use my headphones without changing it back to 2 speakers config, I get tons of ambient/random sounds that would normally be washed out by the main sounds.

I hear dogs bark, birds, and metal on metal sounds. Its kinda peaceful actually. What also funny is when I'm in the chopper, I only hear the wind noise and not the engine/rotar sounds..gives me an odd feeling.

Comment

Yeah not sure what it is. I use the AC97 codec on my MOBO for sound and play with headphones. At first I though it was the cat climbing on the air ducts in the basement. It sounds far off in the distance. It sounds like metal being twisted or rubbed together. Like a screeching noise but much deeper. Scared the poo out of me when I realised cat was next to me. Went and checked the whole house to make sure I wasnt hearing things and to make sure I didnt have an unwanted visitor. Then the next time it did it I ripped off my headphones and made sure it was definately an in-game sound. Hopefully I'm not totally nutz here. Doesnt really bother me anymore but just found it wierd.
            S17-JestersHK

Comment

think its ment to be the sound of the crane swinging in the wind

Comment

I hear it as well. I think it's just part of the map that DICE or EA included. I also hear squeaky gates closing in songhua stalemate (sp?). I thought I was going crazy and kept taking off my headphones the first few times I hear them.

Comment

the best has to be the dice rock band on mashtur..man they suck its so funny

Comment

Check out the church on Gulf or hang around the rubbish bins and listen. The sounds are so good that you can almost smell the rubbish

Comment

When I need some R&R, I go to the CC on Sharqui and listen to the birds.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot
                        I can hear lots of weird thing when I use my headphones, like the same radio message ever 3 seconds, over and over and over.
                        Funnily enough, if you are not commander, and press page up every three seconds, you wont get the spam block.

Comment

I made a format C:, renstalled BF2 and all drivers and the voices keep whispering to me WTF

Comment

Yeah, I play with a really good quality headset and the abrupt groaning metal sound kind of freaked me out the first time I heard it, too. The one Sharqi sound I have stuck in my head is that stupid duck or bird or whatever that goes "aaa-WOO.....aa-WOO...." and kind of follows you all over the map and pops up whenever the action drops off a bit. For some reason it sticks in my head like a bad radio jingle.

Comment

When you get an X-fi and a Logitech Z-5500 speaker system, or a good speaker system. You will hear more then just metal turning, you will hear dogs barking, birds, even the grass moveing(only if u turn it up load and your prone in the grass.

Originally posted by pYura
                              I made a format C:, renstalled BF2 and all drivers and the voices keep whispering to me WTF
                              stop doing thos drugs man.

Comment

Working...
                              X