I can hear artillery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can hear artillery.

For about a month now i can hear artillery when it fires. No matter where i a on the field.

I can be taking a flag miles away from artillery, and i can hear it start to fire. I move away from the flag and watch the artillery land all over it. Then move back.

It happens all the time. no matter who's firing the artillery (which side) i can hear it being fired.

I hear people screaming we need help hear as i run away from half capped flags only to turn around and watch em bounce around in the storm and the returning to finish the flag.

I have unfortunatley started to take advantage of this. Who would really stand bolt still to see if the artillery being fired was comming your way.

I dont know why or how its happening but it is.

G.

Re: I can hear artillery.

That's something you usually keep for yourself and don't tell anybody about it

Comment

Ive had this (problem?) from a while now too.. no idea why, but it helps alot.

Comment

well wen it saves ur life it aint a problem lol but yea same here?!?!

Comment

same here - its awesome. if i hear it i look at the map. if i don't see a big red icon, i get out of the flag area

Comment

you got to love EAX3.

Comment

Yeah I got that EAX, and if I turn the speakers and if I turn the speakers up load enough I can hear people calling for medics from half way across the map.

Comment

Has been happening to me too since the last patch, very handy for capturing flags

I also try to warn my team when I can by typing: "(lots of spaces here to put text in middle of screen) ENEMY ARTY"

Comment

Same here, great innit!

Comment

Same for me.. It's nice

Comment

OMG .... same here... I thought I was the only one that had this bug... I can hear jets, and helicopters no matter how far away they are... and if its quiet, I can hear gunshots even when im on the carrier of wake, and our team is at the airfield...

weird...

With headphones, it works good for the whole jet/heli situation if you are waiting on the carrier (you can't hear that stuff when you are in a jet/heli [too loud]) because you can just center yourself and know the direction they are coming from.

btw, I have an (ati radeon) X800Pro... maybe having that type of vid. card effects it..?

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                        btw, I have an (ati radeon) X800Pro... maybe having that type of vid. card effects it..?
                        I think it's more important to know what kind of soundcard you have.

Comment

I can hear arty firing from any where using my Plantronics DSP500. I can amplify the effect by turning on the bass boost and cranking the bass up a bit. Then I can hear arty being fired from all over the place, and I can tell what direction a helicopter is coming from a long time before I can barely even see it. It also helps hearing people walking up behind me, and listening for arms fire.

Comment

I had it for a while but then had to re-install, i use onboard sound lol. It was great, because I knew 9/10 times it was aimed at me

Comment

Disabling EAX should remove the "feature". I had the same thing with different sound drivers and it was so annoying to hear arty firing and raining all the time no matter where you are. I got a headache from that.

Comment

Working...
                              X