Am I Guilty Of Stat Padding? You Decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Guilty Of Stat Padding? You Decide

So I got on 24/7 kark server a little while ago trying to get my basic ordinance badge (13 kills with mines, claymores or C4 in one round BTW) and happily spent the whole round charging headlong into alley ways dropping claymores. Got it with no problem after a short time.

Anyway, that got old after awhile so I went medic. I (as MEC) snuck back by the USMC vehicle spawn area to steal a tank or something. Couldn't find anything, but by the time I had gotten there, the entire main island had been taken by USMC and I was the only person around. I started heading back to take back the hotel when I found a guy standing at the right spawn point. I blasted him of course. and then started looking around and sneaking more. He respawns again right next to me and facing me.

I duck around the corner and peak back around. Then I realize, he's AFK!

With nobody else around you can imagine what happened next. I killed the poor guy somewhere between 16 and 19 times before the end of the round! :laugh:

Yes, I'm a bad person, but you would have done it too.

Re: Am I Guilty Of Stat Padding? You Decide

Got your knife bagde? Would've been a great time to get expert, lol.

I don't think it's padding, just a good opportunity you took. Cheap yes, padding no.

Comment

lol... I would have done it too... technically not statpadding....you should have knifed him over and over again... if you needed the badge.

Comment

Endless said it. Cheap, yes; Padding no.

Would I have done it? Hell yea!

Comment

Thats his fault!

Comment

I allready had the basic knife badge... so I wasn't really thinking about it... dammit! NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Oh well, live and learn I guess. I did finally get veteran medic though! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scarz
              I allready had the basic knife badge... so I wasn't really thinking about it... dammit! NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Oh well, live and learn I guess. I did finally get veteran medic though! lol
              Congrats on the badges, just remember "knife every available opportunity". It's how you get good with the knife and also, for those who don't have expert, the global requirnments for it.

Comment

Padding is when you plan to get good scores and/or badges/medals/ribbons with the help of another player in bf2. You teamwork with this guy, and for example let him kill you and vice versa to get the knife badge.

Nope, not stats padding.

But rather clever. With the 19 kills u said, it would have taken you 5 minutes to get those (with 15 sec spawn time). Strange that nobody had found you by then.

Comment

if he's dumb enough not to click the X and not spawn in,then go for it.

Wrong (to some at least): yes

Would I have done it?: well, hell yea. Not my fault he's just standing there.

Comment

Anyone who is so careless to leave the game AFK deservers to die what can I say good job if the other team was so dumb not to scan+uav+arty you well you earned it ... btw did you try to turn the flag? I guess not and thats a bit selfish ....

Comment

nah..not padding.. they deserve to die for going afk. I made this mistake once and it resulted in my highest death streak.

It's war..do what it takes to win :P

Comment

Originally posted by pYura
                        btw did you try to turn the flag? I guess not and thats a bit selfish ....
                        He said he was MEC and had gone to the US main base. That flag is an uncap, so he couldn't have tried to turn it even if he'd wanted to...

I'm guessing no-one found him because people rarely spawn back at the US base on Karkand once the Marines have flags within the city unless it's to grab a vehicle or repair command assets, and he said already there were no vehicles around.

If I found someone who kept respawning in front of me and was AFK, I'd've killed him repeatedly too (with a knife though - I don't have that badge)... Having said that, I would never enter an uncap as anything other than spec ops... As a medic, I don't think you really belong in an enemy uncap. If I go into an uncap as spec ops to destroy commander toys though, then anyone who's around gets killed - because it'd be him or me, and I don't play the game to "improve" my death count. Having said that, waiting around at an enemy uncap for people to spawn so that you can kill them is camping - particularly when there are several flags in the city for you to attack...

Comment

That's not padding. The same thign happened to me so i could get my expert knife!

Comment

I've always wandered what the exact definition of stats padding is. I know some places use "Improper play" or "abusing the repair facility" and the like.

However we were camping the TV station in Sharki the other day. One team was using the public server for a practice. One side defended the TV at all costs, the other side attacked it. BEcause they were the most talkative squad around I joined them. Was great fun.

Anyway I was covering the TV landing ladder with my G36M and throwing resupply bags around. I had to clean up a couple of attacks when they did kill those on the first landing. However the guys defending were spamming grenades and mines. Very difficult to assault that tower if properly defended I must say.

So I ended up with a serously high resupply score.

Now I don't know if that counts as padding, mainly because I also got the second highest combat score on the American team. (was doing some seriously good MG work there, I must say).

I managed to grab the Bronze medal (IIRC). Was that stats padding, or playing hard?

Another time I was shamelessly padding my helicopter hours. No one was using the chopper in Mashtuur (just after the nerfed the miniguns) and me and my mate were flying around trying to drop C4 packs and AT mines on tanks. Bombing from a helicopter is damn hard.

Managed a whole 23 points in one round

We even killed about 2 whole tanks. But it was great flying practice

KBK

Comment

Originally posted by Endless954
                              Got your knife bagde? Would've been a great time to get expert, lol.

I don't think it's padding, just a good opportunity you took. Cheap yes, padding no.
                              i agree cheap and easy but legal stat padding..there are manyu forms of cheap legal stat padding.

Comment

Working...
                              X