High points servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: High points servers?

high point servers arent that good, with the time u get 150 score in one of those u would get around 200 playing more rounds in normal servers with the same time.

they are good if u want big scores per round, but when it comes to time its better to play in normal servers.

i'm speaking of karkand i dont know if its the same on other maps, but for some reason every server with karkand these days is a high point server :S

Comment

Originally posted by Jade Falcon
      Call me old fashioned, but I'm one of those who believes a commander should concentrate on commanding. If I'm commanding, I let the rest of the team use the vehicles.
      Well, that is one school of thought. I have already argued the other side of commandering on other forums/threads.

Basically, when there are so little players in the map, you need to be quick with the command rose (the R key). You rarely need to jump into the command window if you are a good commander that fights in combat in low player maps, because odds are, their commander is fighting, and they have a one person advantage. So, if there are 8v8, they have ~15% advantage over the other team that has a commander sitting on his ass in the back.

Originally posted by Phrag
      I thought that if you are commander, you don't get combat point.
      On the side...
      Personally, I am an Omar Bradley commander. I get close to the fights, and often, in the mix. But, I make sure I command first, fight second. If you are good, you can do both without missing a beat. It is best not to get into the frontlines, but stay just a step behind the main forces.

Comment

Originally posted by Biff Exploder
        high point servers arent that good, with the time u get 150 score in one of those u would get around 200 playing more rounds in normal servers with the same time.

they are good if u want big scores per round, but when it comes to time its better to play in normal servers.

i'm speaking of karkand i dont know if its the same on other maps, but for some reason every server with karkand these days is a high point server :S
        They are good if you are after some awards, since you have more playing time to get them.

Comment

I've tried all the types of servers...yeah, the high point value ones are fun, and make awards easy...but you havent really accomplished anything...I'm still at 30-35 a round kind of guy...but I prefer the 24-32 man servers

Comment

Hey what about servers that run 32 player maps with 44 or more slots?
            Karkand Destruction does this, and I love that server because my avg. ping is 12, but I wouldn't play there if it was against the BFROE.

Comment

Originally posted by Rexophane
              Hey what about servers that run 32 player maps with 44 or more slots?
              Karkand Destruction does this, and I love that server because my avg. ping is 12, but I wouldn't play there if it was against the BFROE.
              It isn't against the ROE as long as there are 16 slots. The can be any amount of people (greater than 16) on any size map.

Comment

Originally posted by CannonFodder
                It isn't against the ROE as long as there are 16 slots. The can be any amount of people (greater than 16) on any size map.
                Where is Indianscout to verify this? I am going to assume you're right though.

Comment

Sorry, Day one here....Can I ask what ROE is?!

Comment

Sweetness. I was worried for a sec.

Comment

Originally posted by d3sc3n7j
                      Sorry, Day one here....Can I ask what ROE is?!
                      Rules of Engagment. Rules laying the common foundation for how Ranked servers should be operating.

BTW, Welcome.

Comment

Thank you kind sir....now my next task is to figure out the whole picture in the sig. thing

Comment

Working...
                        X