Trouble with the M95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with the M95

I just unlocked my M95 sniper rifle, but I'm finding it doesn't perform as consistently as the default rifle. Specifically, I think the thickness of the crosshairs is throwing me off. Is there a specific point on or around the crosshair intersection that is the sweet spot? The center of the lines does not seem to be it. With the basic rifles you had finer lines or caret tips to place your shots. But the M95 seems harder to land the shots.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Trouble with the M95

This is a well known fact of the M95 im afraid. I dont use it personally, i preffer default rifle (or L96), however if you are intent on using it, some people say you should aim just on the bottom line of the crosshairs. Dont quote me on that, cos i personally aim straight in the middle and pray it works.

If you are using M95, i would say dont bother going for big range, as it isnt really any good, use the M24, and if u get SF the L96. Some people on here will also reccomend you use the SVD, and it is best you figure out which one works for you best.

Comment

Some people have manage to make it work. I jump in the Apache on Ghost Town, and now instantly I jump in the second seat for a second, and jump back in. If I don't I am sniped. Shoot its so bad that I don't have to worry about AA, all those snipers on that side, will put that apache at about half health, just from them trying to shoot me out of the helicopter. It really does some damage.

Comment

So what good is being able to shoot through glass if you can't hit the target on the other side of it?

Comment

You can kill them in the chopper.

Its quite hard, but i can be done, especially if they dont move. The M95 also does small damage to the chopper, and around 2x as much if u hit the cockpit. A couple of snipers can kill a stupid chopper.

However, i will only use the M95 if i need to kill said chopper, other than that, there is no real bonus to using it (apart from its 2 bars of health thing).

Comment

There is something oh so satisfying about shooting and seeing the pilot fall out of the chopper. i;ve done it three times now and it gets better every time! m24 is still my rifle of choice though.

Comment

I've never seen the pilot fall out of the attack chopper when he's been sniped, only the passengers in a blackhawk fall out upon death?

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtForm
                I've never seen the pilot fall out of the attack chopper when he's been sniped, only the passengers in a blackhawk fall out upon death?
                I swear that i shot a pilot out of an american chopper on wake with the m95 and saw his body fall out. it was a ****in lucky shot as the chopper was high in the sky and moving- you shoulda heard me yell when i saw it come up with Vietcong_Ressurected[m95]Randomplayer! the other two kills have been on sharqi at the helipad on the tv tower so i didnt see anyone fall out. i suppose the body i saw couldve been the pilot bailin and not pullin his parachute... **** knows, it still looked sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by [47R]Saureco
                  I just unlocked my M95 sniper rifle, but I'm finding it doesn't perform as consistently as the default rifle. Specifically, I think the thickness of the crosshairs is throwing me off. Is there a specific point on or around the crosshair intersection that is the sweet spot? The center of the lines does not seem to be it. With the basic rifles you had finer lines or caret tips to place your shots. But the M95 seems harder to land the shots.

Any help is appreciated.
                  Apperently the 'sweet' spot is just below where both lines intersect. I havent played it enough to be totaly sure but thats what I read on this forum a week ago in another thread. Check if it works for you by staying within 150 meters of a target so you dont have to compensate for bulletdrop. ANd in a level field of fire, so dont go high but stay on the ground and snipe a few
                  Post feedback if it worked btw.

Comment

I prefer the M24 myself due to the fact that it reminds me of movies like Jarhead and Saving Private Ryan. Mind you Saving Private Ryan was WWII and it was a totally different rifle but it gives you the same perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Jemme101
                      Apperently the 'sweet' spot is just below where both lines intersect. I havent played it enough to be totaly sure but thats what I read on this forum a week ago in another thread. Check if it works for you by staying within 150 meters of a target so you dont have to compensate for bulletdrop. ANd in a level field of fire, so dont go high but stay on the ground and snipe a few
                      Post feedback if it worked btw.
                      This is what I was looking for. Thank you.

Comment

The M95 is never used unless i'm trying for a chopper kill. Primarily its the L96A1. Best sniper rifle in the game in my opinion.

Comment

I find that I have to aim slightly low at medium ranges for headshots with the M95. You also need to let the rifle settle in for a second before pulling the trigger for best results.

I took advantage of the two-bar thing when going for my pistol badge; one body-shot with the M95 and then one pistol round to finish them off. With any of the other sniper rifles an armored target would take multiple pistol hits after a body shot.

Comment

I aim at the tip of the head in long distance shots since its bullets do fall slightly when fired.

Comment

Originally posted by JonesOneOneFourOn
                              I find that I have to aim slightly low at medium ranges for headshots with the M95.
                              Originally posted by EliteRazgriz666
                              I aim at the tip of the head in long distance shots since its bullets do fall slightly when fired.
                              Define Medium range and Long range ...
                              • < 150 meters = short
                              • 150 - 250 = medium
                              • 250 - 400 = long
                              • 400+ = extreme

And take into account there is bulletdrop in the game ...

Comment

Working...
                              X