• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trouble with the M95

"close range" sniping M95 is king.

Comment

I myself am significantly dissapointed with the M95 for long range in BF2. As a matter of fact i bet Barret him self(creator of the M95, and all Barret rifles) would be ****ed off if he knew how poor BF2 represents his godsend. The M95 irl, can engage targets over 2000 meters away, and even at that distance still punch through armored vehicles. Yes we all know BF2 isnt real life. But i dont understand why they put it in the game, other than the ONE simple fact it penetrates bullet proof/armored glass, thats it. The thickness of the crosshairs destroys long range shots in BF2, it actually covers up your target? LOL!!!!! A scope sight that instead of helps you ensure your shot, makes it almost impossible to hit.

I use the M95 on air vehicle maps, for the before mentioned feature of killing chopper pilots/gunners. I have killed 10 pilots, and 20 gunners. you can kill the gunners by firing right under thier seat, but pilots i have only been able to kill through the glass?

I wouldnt say it is useless, but definately, not for a beginner. I prefer the SVD myself, yeah for real. Everyone hates it, but its semi-auto feature is very helpful for those scaredy cats that bolt when bullets fly at them. 10 rounds, 5 clips, semi-auto, who could ask for more....

Comment

Have you ever played mercenaries?
        I have and I have used the cheat "anti-armor" rifle. Insta kill plus kills pilots. Pretty much an M95

I like to use the M95 for pistol switching because it reduces all troops to 2 bars. You take a shot with an M95 and use the pistol to finish them off. That was how I got my veteran pistol.
        The M95 some times misses a persons head by like half-a-foot to the side sometimes for me. I will have them at the center of my crosshair and it will miss them by like 6 inches or so.
        I like it but I prefer the L96. There is nothing more satisfiying than shooting someone out of their J10 as it is taking off though. I once killed 2 quys 7 times each when they were trying to get the J10.

Comment

before 1.2 the m24 was the most accurute rifle,but now the m95 is as accurate as the m24 was(yes most ppl now this) but that makes the m95 a lot better than it used to be.

all you lose is a thiner crosshair and a bit of accuracy,
          but you gain power,any target will be reduced to 2bars of hp(which stops most from moving in on you position.

get a lot of kill assits,anoying to chopper pilots,(i downed choppers at tv on sharqi,1st was a pilotkill ,2nd was a smoking reck coming back for repairs.

moments like that make you love the gun for what it is.

m95 will never be as accurute as m24/l96 but they will never give you moments of joy when you down youre 1st chopper

like a few have said,its hard to master it,
          i suggest at 1st go for body shots,some will die instantly,or you get a assist,if close whip pistol out and spray.

i usaly use the l96 (due to me being better at headshots)but i always go back to m95 for a few games just to mix it up a bit.

Comment

ROFFLES at the J-10 scenario, no i havent played mercenaries, sounds cool though.

Comment

waoh..is that formula real? (im already saving it)

anyways... m95 isnt suppose to be a long range rifle in bf2 to balance out its power..its accuracy was improved a lot but its still not as good as the m24..so just shoot..and pistol to finish him off

Comment

I was having the same problem - still do, at times - until I saw some battle recorder footage where the sniper was pretty much getting headshots every time by aiming 2 pixels over the head of the target to offset bullet drop. It works pretty well, though the demonstration was for very long shots. I adjust according for closer shots, not adjusting for bullet drop at medium/short range shots.

G.

Comment

Here's the secret to the M95: You must be standing absolutely still when you hit the fire button. Any amount of movement (strafing, forward/back) will give it rather high probability of being a little off. You can't edge left or right while scoped and still hit consistently like any of the other rifles. If you're standing still though, it's as accurate as any of 'em.

Once you get the hang of it, you can fire it pretty much the moment you stop moving and move again.

Comment

Originally posted by blade.verzilli TF
                    before 1.2 the m24 was the most accurate rifle,but now the m95 is as accurate as the m24 was(yes most ppl now this) but that makes the m95 a lot better than it used to be.

all you lose is a thinner crosshair and a bit of accuracy,
                    but you gain power,any target will be reduced to 2bars of hp(which stops most from moving in on you position.

get a lot of kill assits,anoying to chopper pilots,(i downed choppers at tv on sharqi,1st was a pilot kill ,2nd was a smoking reck coming back for repairs.

moments like that make you love the gun for what it is.

m95 will never be as accurate as m24/l96 but they will never give you moments of joy when you down your 1st chopper

like a few have said,its hard to master it,
                    i suggest at 1st go for body shots,some will die instantly,or you get a assist,if close whip pistol out and spray.

i usaly use the l96 (due to me being better at headshots)but i always go back to m95 for a few games just to mix it up a bit.
                    You contradicted yourself

EDIT: Whoops never mind

Comment

Well. the only weapon I ever get killed by at long.. long range is the M95. So, it seems the long range don is the M95 (which I know in my heart of hearts to be true - for me other weapons come before the M95 so I can only comment from the receiving end )

The bullet drop concept put me right off from the start, three things to think about rather than two, takes a masterer although imho the last sniper unlock is the accuracy gift from DICE

Comment

Originally posted by [47R]Saureco
                        So what good is being able to shoot through glass if you can't hit the target on the other side of it?
                        Basically you have to test it and find out for yourself. The variables include your monitor size and type, the resolution at which you are playing, your videocard, your videocard drivers,and the graphic setting you are using.
                        I have quite a lot of luck with it. I guess you can say that I finally got used to it after so many months of using it. Just test the waters and see what works best for you. You will find the sweet spot soon enough. It is definitely a difficult weapon to use, but it makes it that much more fun IMO.

Comment

20" LCD flat panel
                          1024x768 resolution on 32 bit colors
                          Play settings on medium to save CPU (already a 2.8GHz P4)
                          5MBps Cable connection
                          ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB video card with latest drivers

I don't think it's hardware issue, as about 90% of the population here will agree. The game has its quirks, but I was wondering how to work around them. In the example I gave, why on earth would DICE make the unlocked sniper rifle's crosshairs harder to use intuitively? And why is it the infantry ballistics have bullet drop but the vehicle weapons have accurate contact? Last I checked (and verified by my failed HALO drops) gravity still works in this game.

Comment

It is the ultimate long range weapon, so has to suffer somehow?

Try another weapon

Comment

I prefer the M24 myself due to the fact that it reminds me of movies like Jarhead and Saving Private Ryan. Mind you Saving Private Ryan was WWII and it was a totally different rifle but it gives you the same perspective.
                              Yea, thats why i use the L86. You see 5 guys by a flag or sumthing and it like shooting fish in a barrel . It always reminds me of that last scene in saving private ryan with the sniper in the church tower who just knocks off germans one by one.

Comment

M95 = city maps
                                L96A1 = air maps

Simple.

Although I don't like the L96 because I get excessive lag with it for some strange reason.

The M95 will own an SVD anyday. Pop a shot at him and duck. Then pull out your pistol and pop another shot. The only times the SVD guy wins is if both snipers are prone in the middle of teh road with no cover. And snipers should never be prone in the middle of the road with no cover.

Learn to do a headshot with the M95. It takes some practice but you'll get used to it.

Also being able to shoot drivers out of vodniks that are trying to run you over is satisfying.

Comment

Working...
                                X