Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The A-10 in AF classed as a fighter, and not a bomber!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The A-10 in AF classed as a fighter, and not a bomber!?

I only see 2 UGMB

Source: http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?new...xobmV3cywsLDE=

Re: The A-10 in AF classed as a fighter, and not a bomber!?

I think it just used up its payload already, thats all. Besides, just because it doen't have a full payload, what made you think it was a fighter instead of a bomber? just because of the lack of visible bombs?

Comment

Denial? lol

Comment

BF2 is far from reality ..unless of course in real life it would take 10 sniper bullets to the face to bring down a man ..in which case BF2 is dead on accurate.

Comment

I know the game isn't based on reality, but come on?

The KEY to AF IS the A-10, and now they're nerfing it by making it have only 2 bombs . . .?

As far as it using it's payload, bombers use different bombs than fighters. The bombs in the screen above are indeed the 2 Qty. bombs.

Comment

well, i don't know if you noticed, but there sure were alot of empty bomb racks on the underside of the wings.

does this look like one of those bombs?

why yes, yes it does. Thats a mark 82 bomb, standard loadout for the A-10. oh yea, and it still has its rocket pods.

Comment

Let's only hope . . .

Comment

dont worry, i am pretty sure it will be called "fighter bomber", btw armored fury sounds awesome, one thing i will buy for sure

Comment

Lets see...

Aside from the GU-11 cannon, which made the A-10 notorious as a tank buster, I also see rocket pods on the outer hardpoints. Unless the A-10 will be the next prerelease aircraft to succumb to the famous "disappearing rocket pods" (ala the Blackhawk), that's two weapon systems. And finally, we see the general purpose "dumb bomb". So, three weapon systems, almost all of them geared toward crushing ground targets. The only worthwhile weapon for dogfighting is the cannon, but the maneuverability of the A-10 is like that of a drunk yak.

Comment

of course it has horrible manuverability. its not as mauverable as the JSF. The A-10 isn't called a "flying tank" for nothing. Its is entirely geared for Anti-tank warefare, gotta pray for one of two things 1) the JSF guys are actually planning to guard your sorry rear or 2) the j-10 boys are total idiots at flying. 2 seems to be your best bet.

Comment

A-10 looks sweet especially with the rocket pods.
                      I am so getting this.
                      FLYING TANK, FLYING TANK yay

Comment

I just hope EA doesnt screw up the handling of the A-10.

10 bucks says that it flys like the and sounds like the J-10

Comment

im seeing:
                          2 rocket pods
                          9 underwing dumb bomb atach points
                          2 of these covered pods, wich i believe are fuel tanks
                          tankbuster cannons.

plenty off stuff to blow **** up! but i wont be buying that booster pack... ill have the A-10 in the 21 CW mod... with better flying physics

Comment

the A-10 is going to be a completely new vehicle class. It's not a fighter or a bomber in this game. Similar with the Su-25 or whatever they're calling it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghilleman
                              gotta pray for one of two things 1) the JSF guys are actually planning to guard your sorry rear or 2) the j-10 boys are total idiots at flying. 2 seems to be your best bet.
                              Hopefully 1.3 will "fix" the J10 v F35 balance

Comment

Working...
                              X