Graphics Problem GeForce 6200 OC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Graphics Problem GeForce 6200 OC

Try removing cooler, clean the core , appl new AS5 , ur temps should trop .

Comment

I have about the same setup as you,
      6200OC'd
      1.5gb Ram
      2800+ Athlon XP

I run my game on medium graphics with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by 77th|Repstock
        Hahah.. tell you the truth? I got BF2 for Christmas, but I knew my default card wasn't good enough. So I was at bestbuy with $250 bucks, excited to buy a card to play BF2. I didnt think 6200 was bad if 6800 was the best.. but now I know..
        No, no, no, no. Whenever a new range comes out, like the 6xxx series, there is always a crap budget model, an average one, and a good one. Its the second digit that matters, if its under a 6 then it sucks. For example, a FX5700 will be faaar better than a 6200.

Its a sucky numbering system which traps a lot of people. If I worked at the counter at best buy and you walked up with the card you have, I would have told you to turn around and pick something else. Especially at that price, you could have had a completely awesome card for $200.

Originally posted by Gabe
        about that, was going to sell it for like 190 or so
        AGP? Would you consider shipping it to New Zealand - I would be VERY keen.

Comment

OMG! I totally thought a 5700 was worse than a 6200 because the number was smaller. DARN NVIDIA!

Comment

OMG! I totally thought a 5700 was worse than a 6200 because the number was smaller. DARN NVIDIA!
            Nah, its all smoke and mirrors and a scam. A high end card which is 2 generations old is still far, far better than a current generation low end model.

The low end models are the cash cows for the manufacturers because of this point, it sucks in a whole heap of people who arent tech savvy.

Comment

Hopefully I'll upgrade over the summer to a 6800. That one is good so I've heard. I'll check out newegg.com they have great prices.

Comment

Hopefully I'll upgrade over the summer to a 6800. That one is good so I've heard. I'll check out newegg.com they have great prices.
                Make sure it has "GT" on the end.

Comment

iam selling mine

Comment

If the second digit is less than 6 you probably wont get high settings. Dont know about my 7400 though, that took me by surprise.

Have a search for a thread call "nvidia naming system" or something like that and youll get the idea. My desktop has a 6600, which does low settings rock steadily. For the cheapest option get that (mine was around £80). For max settings go for at least a 6800gt.

Oh, and why did you pay 200+ for a 6200??!!!

EDIT:
                    the gainward 6800 gs is supposed to be good.

Comment

I didnt have any idea. Like I said, I thought the popular 5700 was worse than a 6200. I also don't have the money right now Gabe, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by mlkmnz
                        Make sure it has "GT" on the end.
                        I'm very happy with my 6800GS. I have it overclocked to 420/1150 and unlocked one of the vertex shaders, It performs excellent for the money. ($200)

Comment

If you were to run a benchmarking program, ie. 3D mark 03/05 whichever, you will see the same problem.

Your video card is Artifacting.

I have many problems with video cards and have done alot of test.

The only thing that causes this is,
                          a. A bad card, which is your proble,
                          or
                          b. When your an overclocking freak like me

So to solve your problem, Take back the video card and return it for a new one.

If you have too, Buy a new card, teh same one, put your broken one in and take it back

Comment

Yeah, I saw the problem on BFEditor too, I'm making a map for my clan. What I don't understand is why everyone else with a 6200 doesn't have this problem, read their replies here.

Comment

most likeley those artifacts are a core defect. sorry but i doubt it can be fixed . and you prolly dont have a warrenty anymore . my best advice. upgrade the whole system . its a damn compaq. meaning the PSU is most likley garbage and wont power anything of higher performence.

and when you do upgrade buy my old eVGA 6600GT (PCI-E) selling it for $100 shipped

Comment

How do you check for PSU? And PCI-Express is the white slot, right? Same as PCI? I'm not sure if I have that. I'll check.

Comment

Working...
                                X