Graphics Problem GeForce 6200 OC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Problem GeForce 6200 OC

Look at the screenshot. These streaks are really creating a problem. I have a BFG GeForce 6200 OC AGP card. Every possible setting I have is set to low so I can try to avoid this.

I run all my BF2 settings to low, except for 100% view distance scale, and I set my graphics' card settings to "High Performance" and with antialiasing off along with everything else that will slow my comp down... but I STILL get this problem.

Those streaks coming out of the gun have REALLY made it hard for me to snipe. When I look into the scope, one of those streaks would be covering the entire crosshairs to the point where I can't aim at all. I'm starting to think it's because my card is Overclocked. Anyway to.. un-overclock it or something? I'm not very good with this stuff.
    I already know my card isn't the best for this game, its pretty bad, but I don't think it's bad enough to be doing this. Please help.

Having such bad graphics is depressing.. I can be playing, then all of a sudden a gigantic black streak shoots from the ground obscuring my screen.

Re: Graphics Problem GeForce 6200 OC

I can see your problem. Your graphics card is a worthless pile of dog excrement.

Get a better card (i.e. 6600Gt or better), failing that update your graphics card drivers from www.nvidia.com, maybe upgrade your motherboard bios.

Comment

got the same card BFG 256mb 6200oc, works fine with low setting. never had that problem. yeah, upgrade your graphic card driver

spec:
      celeron D 2.9Ghz (crap)
      1Gig RAM

Comment

looks like its overheating.... Have you checked your temperatures when that happens?

Comment

Originally posted by RAF92_Warhawk
          looks like its overheating.... Have you checked your temperatures when that happens?
          Doubt it, thats a very low end card which draws next to no power and is possibly passively cooled.

Although it could be taxing out his CPU which would have to bring up the slack of what his card cant handle....

Repstock, what are your other components and what size PSU do you have?

Comment

Only one solution to that, get a refund.

Or...you could underclock it

Comment

Originally posted by Heatseeker_no.1
              Only one solution to that, get a refund.
              Oh yeah, I forgot that angle. Here are some steps to improving things:

1) Remove 6200 card

2) Stand outside holding card, extend arm back, then move it forward quickly releasing card as your arm reaches fully forward position*

3) Go to PC store and purchase decent card to value of more than $100**

* In place of step 2, place card on ground, acquire Baseball Bat or other blunt object, strike card with bat. This step will also assist in releasing tension cause by playing with crappy graphics card.

** In place of step 3, for cost reasons consider buying decent card 2nd hand on eBay. Ensure it hasnt been overclocked. Consider selling 6200 on eBay as well to fund purchase of better card. DO NOT mis-advertise card and describe it as being "good for games"

Comment

...That card cost me 250 at best buy. I GOT RIPPED OFF! @#*$@#@#$)*@#$*!@!)()@#%$@$#

I talked to a geek squad guy and he said it might be overheating also. But when I check the temp its always in the green, GPU core temp is 40 degrees celsius or something.

And about PSU and components, what does that mean.

Comment

Try a different card in your system, best way to find out whats up. If its your card which it sounds like it is. I have a bfg geforce 6800 GT OC that I'd like to sell for cheap, name your price. I only used it for 3 months, around january I built a pci-e system so I had no need for it, its just setting in a cardbord box in its original plastic case.

Comment

Originally posted by 77th|Repstock
                    ...That card cost me 250 at best buy. I GOT RIPPED OFF! @#*$@#@#$)*@#$*!@!)()@#%$@$#
                    Please tell me you are joking. Its worth about $60 max. How long have you had it for?

And about PSU and components, what does that mean.
                    What is your processor, RAM, and motherboard. PSU is your power supply. If its a low wattage having too many components in your system can cause it to overheat, especially when you are gaming.

Comment

About 5 months. No joke, I bought it for over 200.

RAM:1.5 gig
                      Processor: AMD Athlon XP
                      Motherboard: Compaq Presario...?

Comment

About 5 months. No joke, I bought it for over 200.

RAM:1.5 gig
                        Processor: AMD Athlon XP
                        Motherboard: Compaq Presario...?
                        They saw you coming from miles away.

Dude, what on earth possesed you? Did you not think of at least doing a google search on reviews for that card first?

Comment

Hahah.. tell you the truth? I got BF2 for Christmas, but I knew my default card wasn't good enough. So I was at bestbuy with $250 bucks, excited to buy a card to play BF2. I didnt think 6200 was bad if 6800 was the best.. but now I know..

Comment

hey gabe.. how much is ur price for the card.. round 200?

Comment

about that, was going to sell it for like 190 or so

Comment

Working...
                              X