The spinning mouse..what gives.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The spinning mouse..what gives.

It's all about your mouse pad. I used to have a plastic, high quality pad and I had all the problems you described. Then I bought a textile, cheap mouse pad. I have the same optic mouse and now it works like a charm. So take your own conclusions…

Comment

this happened to me all the time. i had a Microsoft optical mouse. if you move it fast enough in a short distance, it'll cause it spin out (from my experience.) i used to spin out in Planetside, with people wondering how the hell i was doing it.

Comment

This happened to me when the laser reflected back into the mouse, easily fixable.

Comment

cough up the 5 bucks and get a mouse pad. I can put pictures in mine, lol

Comment

Dell optical mice do it all the time because of that stupid dell mousepad with the silver(REFLECTIVE) diamond smack dab in the middle of the pad.

For optical, you want a pad with a nice continuous, non-shiny surface. That is the reason plain old cloth pads work good(for tracking, if not for friction), the mouse can track off the weave of the cloth very easily.

I'm using a func f30.r(I think), which is a sort of pebbled, non-reflective grey surface, works great---and is about the size of a cafeteria tray, lol.

Comment

And all this time I thought I was the only one who had this problem. Pain in the a** when you killed while this is happening. I want to scream at the guy that shot me, "Unfair, I was bustin a move"

Comment

g5 > all, except mine is being gay and sticking, I think I spilled beer on it or something

Comment

It happens here and there and it really sucks when there are people around you...STUPID MOUSE>>>>>>>>.

Comment

Check the connection of it maybe? lol
                    Might be some dust particles inside of it.
                    Got the latest drivers for it? Most mouses dont need drivers but some do.

Comment

... and that's exactly why jet/helo pilots should use a joystick or mechanical mouse: you can't afford that kind of "freak out".

Comment

There are 3 solutions to your problem:
                        1) buy a mouse pad that has textile surface on top
                        2) buy a G5 Logitech mouse
                        3) forget all about it and continue using desk surface and existing mouse

Problem is't in color of surface but in texture ...

Comment

jup i used to play with a logitech media-mouse , it was cordless and optical . I had the same problem , thats why i went with the G7 . I've had it for about 3 months now and it is a great mouse , i definitely recommend it (it's also a laser mouse) . I couldn't turn around before or my mouse would just start flipping , causing me to look way up. Plus when in tanks the turret would sometimes spin a few rounds because of it , i bet it was really fun to see .

Comment

Cmon,
                            Dont fix it. There is nothing that will make me laugh more. Seeing some GI looking like he is trying to gain altitude!

Comment

It could also be you are getting some moisture under the mouse from sweaty hands. That will also interfere with the optics in the mouse causing it to go all wonky until the wet spot is wiped away. Small bits of fuzz where the optic is can also cause this.

Comment

Working...
                              X