Anyone else feel like sacking it!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else feel like sacking it!!!!

I've been playing this damn game since it came out, I only play for maximum of an hour or two hours a night due to wife and brats. I've not done bad and normally finish in the top five of a round averaging at the minute 100-150 points a session.

The problem is I'm on 13000 points, 7000 away from the next rank then the leap from that one to the next is 30000 points.

My point is this there are many people who have no life and can sit in front of the box all hours and amass thousands of points, but to us average gamers and my friends all average the same amount of hours as me, the ranks are now not acheivable. Ok so I've only got one unlock left but from that rank to the next is impossible. In the early stages it was so good getting the medals and ribbons and being the first to get the rank but now that fun has gone and it's just for hardcores.

So congratualtions to all those who have acheived high ranks at the expense of eyeballs and lifes but to us mere mortals please EA re-address the rank system or we will be off!

Rant over

Re: Anyone else feel like sacking it!!!!

im right there with ya on that one bro. im bout 20k from my next rank and i dont think i will ever get there b/c i only play one or 2 hours a day myself

Comment

Yikes. Insult much?

I have a life. Married, full time job, active social life....everything I am sure you have. I have zero problems with the ranking system.

p.s., if you have truly been playing since BF2 was released, you'll know they already have addressed the ranking system.

Comment

I only play for maximum of an hour or two hours a night due to wife and brats.
        Did you get married thinking you could maintain the gaming lifestyle of a single guy?

Leykis 101 for those who know.

Comment

The higher ranks are obviously not meant for you. Deal with it.

Comment

The ranks have already been brought down to a managable level. No you aren't going to rank up real fast once you get up there, but if you expect to spend the same amount of time between the lower ranks and the higher ranks then you don't understand the original point of the ranks. Sure it takes longer to get the unlocks, but I prefer the original weapons most of the time anyways. Just keep playing and you'll get it eventually. The ranks as they are now are a good balance between those hardcore players and the more casual players. Doesn't take too long to get the lower levels and thus the unlocks, but you actually have to work for the higher ones (which makes sense).

Comment

Just cuz you have no time to get your points doesn't mean the ranking system should be changed.

If they minimize the points you need to get the game, on the ranking side, will become too fast and end faster.

Ranking is fine as it is.

What do you want the difference to be 5000 for the next rank? lol

Comment

lol so lets re-configure the ranking system.

1pt = 1st rank
                2pts = Commander in Chief, President of the USA

Complaining @ 13k, lol, just wait till you hit 20K, the wait to 50K seems like forever (I'm sure others would agree).

Comment

No insults intended.

I was around when they changed the ranking and it did me a favour and I got promoted quicker. But come on guys you telling me that 30k is acceptable between ranks, and I don't even know what it is after that to the next one.

I also cannnot believe that just a social gamer putting in the same hours as I do could ever hope to achieve even officer class in the time that the game has been out, unless of course other means to get points and awards are adapted.

Comment

Your just gonig to have to play more, if you don't play that much why are you crying out about ranks so much?

Comment

I think that the jump after First Sgt should be 15,000 not 20,000 because the jump from 2nd Lt to 1st Lt is only 10,000. It should be 15 for each. I am in the military and also dont have much time to play and listening to these damn kids as squad leaders who are home from spring break or summer vacation is kind of depressing. I must say the worst part is, is these morons who kill their own people so they can fly a damn plane or something and these are usually higher ranks...screw em all...
                      dindysport...First Sgt.....

Comment

well, sounds to me like you're doing pretty good, considering that you have a life. i'm amazed you get to play as much as you do with a wife and kids. you've gotta ask yourself, do you wanna be remembered as the guy with great stats in battlefield 2 or as a good husband and father? i know you know the answer to that question, but i think it's good to do a reality check once in a while. you have to consider that, most likely, the guys with the high rankings are probably 15 year olds whose biggest problem in life is acne and can spend several hours a day playing video games without having to worry about a wife and kids feeling neglected. just for the record, i hear ya though. it would be nice to have a better ranking and to see progress more quickly, but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by dindysport81
                          I think that the jump after First Sgt should be 15,000 not 20,000 because the jump from 2nd Lt to 1st Lt is only 10,000. It should be 15 for each. I am in the military and also dont have much time to play and listening to these damn kids as squad leaders who are home from spring break or summer vacation is kind of depressing. I must say the worst part is, is these morons who kill their own people so they can fly a damn plane or something and these are usually higher ranks...screw em all...
                          dindysport...First Sgt.....
                          ^True.

Comment

Originally posted by craigthemounty
                            I've been playing this damn game since it came out, I only play for maximum of an hour or two hours a night due to wife and brats. I've not done bad and normally finish in the top five of a round averaging at the minute 100-150 points a session.

The problem is I'm on 13000 points, 7000 away from the next rank then the leap from that one to the next is 30000 points.

My point is this there are many people who have no life and can sit in front of the box all hours and amass thousands of points, but to us average gamers and my friends all average the same amount of hours as me, the ranks are now not acheivable. Ok so I've only got one unlock left but from that rank to the next is impossible. In the early stages it was so good getting the medals and ribbons and being the first to get the rank but now that fun has gone and it's just for hardcores.

So congratualtions to all those who have acheived high ranks at the expense of eyeballs and lifes but to us mere mortals please EA re-address the rank system or we will be off!

Rant over
                            So, like, what do you propose? We give out ranks depending on your annual income?

Comment

The points for awards is being reasjusted in the next patch, so hopefully you won't need to do as much to go up in a rank

Comment

Working...
                              X