Why does BF2 run like crap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why does BF2 run like crap?

I have a Radeon 9600 too, but the difference is that mine is a 256 MB. I also have a 3 GHz processor and BF2 runs very smooth for me if you take out the exceptions when the servers crash for no freaking reason and the usual "There Is A Problem With Your Connection" errors. You might want to upgrade your processor and get a graphics card larger than 128. Just a suggestion...

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia2100
      I recently reformated windows, re-installed it. And, im trying to figure the problem with the performance before i re-install bf2 again. But now, im trying to install it, and a error comes up. It keeps saying during the installation:

Failed to install Battlefield 2, try again from the beginning. I tried twice, and this is my thrid. What the **** is wrong with this game. This is ****ING ******** and its really ****ing me off. Now the game wont ****ing sitnall, what happaned to my freaking 50 bucks? Gone? This is total ********!
      lol. Reformatting, reinstalling = shooting yourself in the foot. I told ya about the swap file, that's all you needed to do. You didn't even give me a chance to tell you how to do it before you formatted. No amount of reformatting or reinstalling is gonna fix your performance problems unfortunately. You barely meet the minimum requirements for processor speed for one and you are trying to max out the effects on BF2 when you only have 1GB of ram even though BF2 uses much more than that. Your video card can definitly run BF2 at max settings but your ram and processor are gonna bottleneck you anyway.

To disable the swap file, do this: Right click My Computer>properties>click the advanced tab>click settings under performance>advanced tab>change button> then select "No paging file" and reboot. Even if you disable your swap file you still won't be able to max the graphics out. I'd say the max you can run is mostly medium settings with a few on high. If you really want the full experience you will need atleast 1.5-2GB of ram. PC gaming sucks

Comment

Here's what I am running in my system. I have 1 GB RAM, 3 GHz processor, and a Radeon 9600 256 MB grahpics card. I can run BF2 very smoothly. You just need better hardware (Especially the processor. A better graphics card isn't going to do you any good if you can't process the graphics). When you upgrade your graphics card, go all out and get an ATI X800 or X850 or maybe even the 1600. It's pointless to upgrade to a slightly higher model since you can't even tell the difference most of the time.

Comment

Hey There,

To be honest your system is ancient! If you really want to enjoy this resource hungry monster of a game called BF2 your're gonna have to up the RAM and upgrade your CPU. However, because of industry standards you might have to upgrade your mobo and vid card to UTILIZE and SYNCHRONIZE all hardware component performance (compatability!). Do some research, read some reviews, and you should be well informed...

I was in the same situation as you, until I decided to upgrade my system. I must say it is so worth it!

-kush

Comment

Working...
          X