Wake Assault.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake Assault.

Whats the best way to get a foothold on Wake?

Re: Wake Assault.

Originally posted by Neil
    Whats the best way to get a foothold on Wake?
    Depending on the size of the server (Assuming 64) you wanna' form 4 squads on your side. Each with solid and dependable squad leaders. Each squad also needs to be filled with dedicated, non-squad hopping, players. So you can keep a consistant and coordianted assault.

Each squad leader breaks out to each point of the primary island. You take cover within' the bunker provided on the ends of each island; cleaning out any resistance there. Once you have established that foothole the squad begins to advance down the island...

...if you have enough Anti-Tank/Medics/Support/Assault on hand your team should be able to push. If they die, respawn on your respective squad leader and charge back into the fight.

The squad leaders need to defend one another, they are the backbone of the assault and need to remain alive within' the confines of the bunkers; less they risk starting their squad over again at the carrier or small island and reducing the man-power of the "main push" by 6 men.

If you USMC team follows that gameplan. It's almost a walk in the park to establish control over the first two flags.

If not. Well... you know what happens when people "DON'T" follow that mold.

{WP}Paas

Comment

If Only the server folk I play with had any intelligence, that would work. Thanks !

Comment

It can be very difficult trying to get off of the island, at least in the beginning. I myself have never tried, having so much experience nailing boats with my buggy gun. Blackhawk first, then if your feeling lucky, boat from the carrier.

Comment

Get a Black Hawk, fly towards the Island gaining altitude towards 150 - 200 (meters ?).

When you are somewhere in between al CP's you do a quick check which one is vacant. If you spot one drop the BH like a stone, tilt nose allmost straight down and gain speed by keeping the gas open. When you are allmost around 30 meters or something reverse full throttle, level of the bird and drop it on the LZ.

I use this tactic allways when I am piloting and have a successrate of about 75% in getting men on Wake.

Tip: if you get locked on at the last moment let your Team get out of the BH and move away from them thus preventing the indirect damage a BH gives when he gets shot down. You might die in the process but you just gave your side a foothold on Wake in return. Teamplay f0h t3h w!n

Comment

F-35, proceed to airfield, bail, whole squad spawns.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil
              If Only the server folk I play with had any intelligence, that would work. Thanks !
              jump on a server with me some time mate, you'd be surprised what 2 people working together can do on wake send us a PM for my msn details/teamspeak

Comment

Blackhawk + High altitude = Foothold!

...most of the time.
                Just grab the blackhawk, load it full of people, fly up high, then toward the island. You'll probably at least make it to within parachute range, from which you can grab an undefended point (the beach is a personal favourite).

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingEgg
                  Blackhawk + High altitude = Foothold!

...most of the time.
                  Just grab the blackhawk, load it full of people, fly up high, then toward the island. You'll probably at least make it to within parachute range, from which you can grab an undefended point (the beach is a personal favourite).
                  UAV will get you most likely, fly out to the far map and then sharp bank in to get some speed for the HALO

Comment

boat from island, RUSH and stay alive.

Comment

Gotta be black hawk out of that list. But its still damn hard to do.

Comment

I don't particularly like any of the choices, but I'd have to go with a Black Hawk and a bit of good luck

Comment

Wake's gonna be that much tougher once 1.3 comes around.

I say you push hard to one side. Have the cobra take out armor, vehicles and AA that's usually camping near the edge of the island... take em out at range with the tv guideds... have the jets help out and do bombing runs or harass them at their main base (those people waiting for helis and jets...easy kills)

This would be nice but you'll rarely see a whole team working together.

My go to strat is high altitude Blackhawk and hope for the best.

Comment

Gee... I kinda thought the poll was meant to be a joke :P usually- people just go for whatever the quickest mode of transport to the island, and if they miss it- they either wait or such.

In any case- a more coordinated attack would probably be the BH loaded with squad-leaders, if the transport is successful anywhere near the island- then the SL deploys his transporter beacon by setting foot- and then Scotty beams the whole team down.

This is also a successful way (usually for a clan) to recover from having no spawn points, with only 1 or 2 team-mates left on the battlefield; all they have to do is start up new squads, get every dead team-mate to join the squad and use the mobile spawn points- and then those team-mates will leave the squad (once they've spawned of course), and then start up their own squads again- and then more people arrive via mobile spawn-point; until the whole team is finally back.
                            Think of it as a reprieve for your team, though you may have no spawn point, it is possible (if people are coordinated enough, or you're in a clan that knows this drill).
                            Then again, this is just an idea... has anyone tried this? and is it actually possible?

Comment

Yup the BH is the best foothold.., ive found that flying to an altitude of around 300+ the safest as ive noticed that "most" of the J10'ers usually fly no higher than 250ft when hunting at the start of the round.

The difficult part is gaining the altitude fast right at the beginning.
                              A good tip i use to gain altitude in the BH fast is to raise the nose of the BH slightly, on full throttle and start to spin in circles it seems to gain height very quickly and it also looks to any enemy like its out of control ie: no pilot :P

Comment

Working...
                              X