My skills...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My skills...

I just popped in to play a few rounds before my Fantasy Football Draft today and came to a sad conclusion... I truly suck.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, and still enjoy it, but I seriously get my ass handed to me in multi-player.

Are there any servers where non-experts play?

Re: My skills...

You will fit in perfectly after this new 1.3 patch, dont you worry. Good Job!

Comment

This doesn't have to be true, but I think that all the experts got tired of the vanilla version and are playing SF now. So stick to vanilla.

Comment

Thanks pal.

Comment

As in everything, the more practice the better you get.

What if it was tennis? Would you still say "Ah I'm getting owned by that guy"
          remember... 'that guy' has played the game for some 200, 300, 400+hrs longer than you.

best of luck
          get a fresh start with bf2142 and you'll do just fine

Comment

SF players tend to do better.

Also, another tip, always try to outflank the other guy. Frontal confrontation or running into line of fire is very bad.

Comment

Arist

Hang loose man , i was in your situation a couple of months back .

Although i still suck big time my game has improved big time .

Squad up , play a medic or support and things will improve in time i promise you .

Check out my stats , things are getting better although i suck

Comment

I hated this game when it first came out..in fact this is the first FPS Ive ever played.
                I was terrible..http://bf2s.com/player/46049864/ <--thats was my first user name..all I could play was sniper.
                Then I started playing single player..learning to have my hands work independatly from my mind so to say.
                Above all my idea of what it takes to be good is the ability to control your movement second nature..like hop out a transport, leap over a wall, strafe fire then dive prone and fire to long range shots, then hop up toss a bag, chuck a grnade and head into CQC while avoiding a incoming APC..all that in a matter of seconds will save you more then beign able to head shot from a mile away. And last thing to enhance your game LEARN THE MAPS!
                Knwo every inch of places to hide, short cuts to flags, high traffic areas to spam nades or set mines etc..
                Youll get so much more done knowing the lay of the map and being able to move through it fluidly.
                Also Im not amzing or think to be, but Id being willing to share what ever knowledge I have in-game with ya. Just hit me with a PM or on Xfire and we could play on a small server or something.

Comment

i know i will get chewed up for saying this, and it might not work for everyone, but here it goes. play as sniper for a few weeks only and get good at aiming for the head, concealment, and avoiding death. i am usually a sniper, but today i went back to playing as spec ops and medic for a few rounds, and i found i was killing tons of people and getting most of those kills as headshots, especially with ak series and l85a1. playing as sniper improves your accuracy alot and will help you kill people with fewer shots, and you will notice you may die less. this worked for me, may not work for everyone though

Comment

Originally posted by 22viPer22
                    i know i will get chewed up for saying this, and it might not work for everyone, but here it goes. play as sniper for a few weeks only and get good at aiming for the head, concealment, and avoiding death. i am usually a sniper, but today i went back to playing as spec ops and medic for a few rounds, and i found i was killing tons of people and getting most of those kills as headshots, especially with ak series and l85a1. playing as sniper improves your accuracy alot and will help you kill people with fewer shots, and you will notice you may die less. this worked for me, may not work for everyone though
                    aye, exactly..thats what I did.
                    If you look at my first user name stats, I was a sniper..I edged into support to learn to play without reloading.
                    But sniper taught me to use stealth and learnign the sneaky routes in maps etc..

Comment

Hang in there aristotlewilde, the most important thing is that you enjoy playing

I took a quick look at your stats and noticed you play "lone wolf" all the time, i suggest you join a squad and stick together with them, not only will you then have squad members around you to cover your ass, you can also learn a lot by watching what they do in combat.

Also try playing medic for a while as the ability to heal yourself (and others) is very useful and you have grenades as well as a good assault rifle, you play assault class a lot and so the lack of sprint means you can't escape tricky situation easily and have to shoot it out with enemys, it might be best to leave that class untill you improve your combat more.

Sorry if any of this sounded like a flame or anything, i am merely trying to offer some advice, no offense intended

Comment

Just play....and play....experience helps alot, singleplayer sharpens the basic skills....then go online.

Comment

and make sure u play SP in Expert difficulty cause thats the closest to the actual skills of online players

Comment

I'm kind of bad as well, but two days of nonstop sniping just brought my KD up from .84 to .91, so even if your stats get pretty bad you might be able to fix them with some hard work later on.

Edit: Oh no my pistol ratio is down!!

Comment

yea just keep practicing

Comment

Working...
                              X