• Show
Clear All

Re: PC i might buy

What ever you do, DON'T get intel.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
      I dont think i will ive had AMD for 2 years now it runs BF2 nicely if parents will buy an dual core AMD great. If not ill get a single upgrade later with the graphics.
      I think im gonna get this one if they wont buy a dual core.

Performa 5573N
      400W ATX v1.3 Power Supply
      AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Processor with 2000MHz HyperTransport Technology
      2x 1GB (2GB) Dual DDR 400 (PC3200) Branded Memory
      256MB NVIDIA Geforce 7600GS PCI Express Graphics (i might be able to get the 7600GT depends whether parents go that far)
      200GB ATA (133Mbps) 7200rpm Hard Disk Drive
      16X Dual Layer Mutli-Format DVD +/- Rewriter
      1.44MB 3.5'' Floppy Drive
      Integrated 5.1 6 Channel Surround Sound Audio
      Fast 100Mbit Ethernet LAN (Broadband Ready)
      19'' TFT Analogue Flat Panel Multimedia Monitor
      £783.48

I just hope it runs bf2 nicely without problems and im able to do my work and the get some upgrades. If you were in my situation of not much money would you be happy wid this ^^^

Comment

Of course Intel dual-core is bad for BF2 because Intel in general is bad for gaming!

But tell me you budget and exactly what type of CPU - ( X2, FX, Opteron, etc..)

You will save a lot if you get an Opteron dual and OC it...so you could buy a better GFX card with the money you save.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon

...until Conroe comes. The 2.4GHz 1066FSB 4MB L2 Cache looks very interesting, should cost around $300 when it comes in July-September.

Running your system at only 2.72GHz on air (stock Intel heatsink) with stock volts.......how can you put a price on this?

2x ATI x1900 cards in crossfire on stock air at only 712 core/738 mem.....$850

Stock Intel D975XBX motherboard.....$210

Taking the WR in AM3 away from AMD running with phase on the CPU and GPUs .......priceless
          AMR=AquaMark3
          Running your system at only 2.72GHz on air (stock Intel heatsink) with stock volts.......how can you put a price on this? 2x ATI x1900 cards in crossfire on stock air at only 712 core/738 mem.....$850 Stock Intel D975XBX motherboard.....$210 Taking the WR in AM3 away from AMD running with phase on the CPU and GPUs .......priceless 153,219 points

Comment

According to one of my members the nvidia 7600GS is rubbish! Anyone know anything about this??

Comment

i think the 17GBP to get a soundblaster sound card would be worth it. Integrated sound will give u a performance hit as the CPU will be doing the work......u want to get the best GFX card u can afford, if i were u i would consider using any old monitor to save money (my bet is the 1 that comes with that system will be slow response time so your better off without it). Get the sys without the monitor (just use the 1 u already have), use that money to upgrade the gfx, buy a better monitor when u have the money....good luck, compromising with PC's is an ugly business

Comment

Working...
              X