M65P9-ALV-B ATI Xpress 200 MATX Skt775 VGA 2xDDR400 LAN or equivalent
    Intel Pentium D 805 2.6GHz Dual Core Processor
    2x 1GB (2GB) Dual DDR 400 (PC3200) Branded Memory
    256MB NVIDIA Geforce 7600GS PCI Express Graphics
    200GB Ultra-Fast SATA (150Mbps) Hard Disk Drive
    16X Dual Layer Mutli-Format DVD +/- Rewriter
    16X DVD-Rom Drive
    1.44MB 3.5'' Floppy Drive with integrated 7-in-1 Card Reader
    Fast 100Mbit Ethernet LAN (Broadband Ready)
    17'' TFT Analogue Flat Panel Multimedia Monitor
    Basic Stereo Desktop Speakers
    Optical Scroll Mouse
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2
    £728.12

Re: PC i might buy

What are you using it for?

If its for gaming, AMD is the way to go.

Edit:

Also I suggest the Raptor X HD...its been shown to run faster then 2 7200 Raid-0 HD's

Comment

first question: are you building this yourself or buying it? if ur building it, dont get the floppy drive, and I agree Amd is the way to go, and since you're going pretty much all out, get a video card with 512mb of onboard memory.

Comment

gaming and work but i dont want the price going sky high

Comment

This is a gaming forum, so I assume you want a gaming rig.

"17'' TFT Analogue Flat Panel Multimedia Monitor"-- find out the response time.

"16X DVD-Rom Drive"-- why an extra drive?

"1.44MB 3.5'' Floppy Drive with integrated 7-in-1 Card Reader"-- why? just plug your camera into usb...

"Basic Stereo Desktop Speakers"-- yuck

"Optical Scroll Mouse"-- yuck

I don't want to say anything about the Intel thing, just want to know why you need all this extra plasic junk filling up your house? Its just extra heat, trash, and clutter.

Comment

right got another pc:
            Amd 3500
            same specs as before with 400w psu

Originally posted by Pentimento
            This is a gaming forum, so I assume you want a gaming rig.

"17'' TFT Analogue Flat Panel Multimedia Monitor"-- find out the response time.

"16X DVD-Rom Drive"-- why an extra drive?

"1.44MB 3.5'' Floppy Drive with integrated 7-in-1 Card Reader"-- why? just plug your camera into usb...

"Basic Stereo Desktop Speakers"-- yuck

"Optical Scroll Mouse"-- yuck

I don't want to say anything about the Intel thing, just want to know why you need all this extra plasic junk filling up your house? Its just extra heat, trash, and clutter.
            Well the 7in card reader is userfull coz i got some stuff that needs cards, but i can get rid of it, maybe i dont need a second drive will one be ok??

Oh and im buying it and adding extra bits etc

Comment

Now that I know its for gaming: Get AMD dual-core.

Get an Opteron, these things are amazing at overlocking and dont cost much.
              If you are really into overclocking, get a DFI mobo, it has great features. If you want stability, get ASUS.

The Raptor X is a must. Just read reviews about it.

As for the GFX card, I would personally get a X1900XTX, even though the 7900GTX runs faster, this card has better AA and other features. The speed difference isnt that dramatic, I dont think you would notice it with the naked eye.

Comment

Ditch the midrange 3500 and get a dual core. Much better. A good motherboard from asus/dfi/etc will be better.

Get the Raptor X, which is teh pwn.

And get a better video card. a 7600gs won't cut it. Get at least a 7800gt.

Get rid of the speakers and mouse.

If you want to play games, don't cheap out on speakers. Spend more money on some high quality logitech/creative/etc speakers that have a subwoofer.

As for the mouse, get a nice logitech G5 (50 bucks). Best mouse ever. You won't regret it.

Comment

Right now im looking at an AMD pc someone on the ea forums said that the dual cores are not supported by bf2 and i doubt i can get one as a bit pricey anyway:

Performa 5573N
                  400W ATX v1.3 Power Supply
                  AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Processor with 2000MHz HyperTransport Technology
                  2x 1GB (2GB) Dual DDR 400 (PC3200) Branded Memory
                  256MB NVIDIA Geforce 7600GS PCI Express Graphics (i might be able to get the 7600GT depends whether parents go that far)
                  200GB ATA (133Mbps) 7200rpm Hard Disk Drive
                  16X Dual Layer Mutli-Format DVD +/- Rewriter
                  1.44MB 3.5'' Floppy Drive
                  Integrated 5.1 6 Channel Surround Sound Audio
                  Fast 100Mbit Ethernet LAN (Broadband Ready)
                  19'' TFT Analogue Flat Panel Multimedia Monitor

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
                  Whoah, get rid of the speakers and mouse.

If you want to play games, don't cheap out on speakers. Spend more money on some high quality logitech/creative/etc speakers that have a subwoofer.

As for the mouse, get a nice logitech G5 (50 bucks). Best mouse ever. You won't regret it.

Speakers are standard and i have a nice mouse anyway. And i have some 120Watt speakers i can plug pc in with a MASSIVE BASS boost

Comment

What is your budget?

AMD dual-core is the way to go, preps you for the future, plus if you get the opteron and OC it, it will run BF2 perfectly, better then the 3500+ OC'ed.

Comment

This belongs in the Tech Center forum.... but anyways. Those parts are decent, and will serve you well but nothing anyone can recommend as ideal.

Comment

£800 tops heres a dual core one my parents did not like the price i changed the graphics i did not think they were much good. http://www.savastore.com/productinfo...=5&rstrat=3169

Comment

Originally posted by RJW
                          gaming and work but i dont want the price going sky high

Originally posted by RJW
                          (i might be able to get the 7600GT depends whether parents go that far)
                          1. Of course dual core works with BF2.

2. Have your parents buy you a machine with a nice MOBO and processor, but with a crap vid card. Buy a 7900 GT or whatever with your money from work.

Comment

Originally posted by Pentimento
                            1. Of course dual core works with BF2.

2. Have your parents buy you a machine with a nice MOBO and processor, but with a crap vid card. Buy a 7900 GT or whatever with your money from work.
                            I think he meant it doesnt take full advantage of both cores.

Comment

someone just told me they are no good for bf2 the intel ones. BTW i aint working till after my exams next month

I could get
                              AMD Athlon 64 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor with 2000MHz HyperTransport Technology
                              2x 512MB (1GB) Dual DDR 400 (PC3200) Branded Memory
                              512MB ATi Radeon X1600Pro PCI Express Graphics
                              then upgrade it as i get money but could take time

My idea is to buy a PC that will run BF2 fine with all the patches they bring out then as the years pass upgrade the processor and graphics come out. In my house at the mo we have one pc that has a radeon 9200 in it and a windows 95. They are both stuck in time coz parents wont spend money to upgrade i would if i had the dosh. It will just be nice to run my clan from my own pc and play games and have fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X