Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In the beginning...

Your replies are interesting...
    I find it ironic that many of you do not like the rank system and think it is a waste of time, yet you protest strongly about having your ranks reset.

Continue...

Comment

Rank reset would be great.
      IMO theres not going to be many new players on BF2 from now until it dies. So let everyone have a chance of getting commander again -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw
        Your replies are interesting...
        I find it ironic that many of you do not like the rank system and think it is a waste of time, yet you protest strongly about having your ranks reset.

Continue...
        I never said anything about disliking the ranking system. It's one aspect of the game that keeps me playing. Periodically hearing a drum roll... having a competition with real life friends about who can earn badges and ranks quicker.

The point system should probably be tweaked somehow though. Maybe something different for commander points.

And make shorter time requirements for certain vehicle badges.... maybe in 1.3

Comment

I like the ranking system. I never had a problem with it. I'd stop playing if they reset me, I worked damn hard for it. Try to get expert knife again?? HELL NO, lol.

Comment

I think that peopel who say rank don't matter should post thier current rank.

I doubt you will see many officers posting in the forums that rank don't matter.

I suspect the people who do say rank don't matter..........are very junior

Comment

Originally posted by whoosh
              I think that peopel who say rank don't matter should post thier current rank.

I doubt you will see many officers posting in the forums that rank don't matter.

I suspect the people who do say rank don't matter..........are very junior
              If i had the highest rank and number 1 spot and have my stats reset, i'd still say they dont matter I'd do it all over again, its a game. Now in real life when I got busted down to trooper from lance jack I was gutted, but it was my own fault

Comment

Hi all

Having bought BF2 around September 2005, I never knew what the ranking system was like 'in the beginning'. Once I read somewhere that 'Everyone was either a Private or a PFC. There were a few Lance Corporals and Corporals around, who we respected, and anyone was a Sergant had to be hacking!'
                (not exact words, just as a remember them).

So what was it like at the start? Did people respect the guys with higher ranks more? Sorry if this is stupid...I just wanted to know
                I bought the game last year in June when it came out, and I remember within a week or two, these players that have "million" points now, like blazin etc., they were first sergeants even then, while everybody else was corporal in the best case. I didn't think anybody was hacking back then, but I knew that some people are playing 24/7.

Comment

Here's my impression of the players depending on their rank, please keep in mind there will be some hyperboles and sarcasm for humor and some of these statements do not truely reflect my views:

Private - Corporal
                  New player; I try to a bit nicer to them than others since I want BF2 to exert a good impression on them

When they are in a helicopter or aircraft, I am demoralized

Sergeant - Gunnery Sergeant
                  Cannon fodders, average players, I consider their ranks worthless since they get promoted rapidly; I consider them to be inferior out of the whole community, partly because I never held those ranks than 5 seconds each and because they seem to make the base of the ****tard community :P

First Sergeant / Master Sergeant - Sergeant Major / Senior Gunnery Sergeant
                  Comrades; Now here are the players that you can rely on, **** ups are rare, and inflated egos are usual but they are the best of the mainstream ranks. Confident of their skills in helicopters.

2nd Lieutenant - Captain
                  Most respected; You know these players have a lot of experience and most of the time, they perform well. Confident of their skills in aircrafts.

Major - Colonel
                  Most intimidated; You know these players have a lot of experience and possibly skill, but maybe too much skill that could undermine yours and possibly your position in the server! How dare they steal that #1 spot and the gold medal away from you! How dare they steal that F-15 at the beginning, How dare they steal that kill away from you! They also exert some kind of "YOU SUCK ROFL" aura when near.

Boost of morale when they are commander.

Brig. General - General
                  N/A; I have never seen any player with these ranks yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird Killer
                    Here's my impression of the players depending on their rank, please keep in mind there will be some hyperboles and sarcasm for humor and some of these statements do not truely reflect my views:

Private - Corporal
                    New player; I try to a bit nicer to them than others since I want BF2 to exert a good impression on them

When they are in a helicopter or aircraft, I am demoralized

Sergeant - Gunnery Sergeant
                    Cannon fodders, average players, I consider their ranks worthless since they get promoted rapidly; I consider them to be inferior out of the whole community, partly because I never held those ranks than 5 seconds each and because they seem to make the base of the ****tard community :P

First Sergeant / Master Sergeant - Sergeant Major / Senior Gunnery Sergeant
                    Comrades; Now here are the players that you can rely on, **** ups are rare, and inflated egos are usual but they are the best of the mainstream ranks. Confident of their skills in helicopters.

2nd Lieutenant - Captain
                    Most respected; You know these players have a lot of experience and most of the time, they perform well. Confident of their skills in aircrafts.

Major - Colonel
                    Most intimidated; You know these players have a lot of experience and possibly skill, but maybe too much skill that could undermine yours and possibly your position in the server! How dare they steal that #1 spot and the gold medal away from you! How dare they steal that F-15 at the beginning, How dare they steal that kill away from you! They also exert some kind of "YOU SUCK ROFL" aura when near.

Boost of morale when they are commander.

Brig. General - General
                    N/A; I have never seen any player with these ranks yet.
                    LMAO, I'd have to agree. Especially the demorolized when they fly, lol!!!

Comment

So what was it like at the start? Did people respect the guys with higher ranks more? Sorry if this is stupid...I just wanted to know
                      At the start the few people with highre ranks, Cpl - Sgt, ifeel were respected more for the fact that they have more than 1 unlock.

Comment

I preferred it as to me it made much more sense, plus not everyone was wielding an unlocked weapon for every kit Now there is so many different people at ranks I can't even begin to recognise, but I still smile when I see a private, or private first class as they have possibly just started playing and may go on to enjoy the game. Unfortunately these guys almost always end up at the bottom of the table.

Reset? No. All the things I have got (badges and so on) are all from just playing, and doing exceptionally well on a certain day. I never aimed for them so for them to be taken away after getting them doing what I was doing - and possibly never get them again would be a pain.

Funniest thing was when they first patched in the new ranks, I went up 3 ranks with 2 kills and a kill damage assist. 3 more unlocks! No wonder the base weapons are hardly ever used now.

By the way, using anyones rank as a clue to their piloting skills is not good - Out of my 100+ hours playing since I got it at release ( I know, not as much as some) I have a mighty 3 minutes in a jet, and maybe just over 1 hour 30 minutes in helicopters (Generally troop transport, and occasionly a gunner, or pilot to get it to someone who can actually use it)

Comment

what I would like to see is that you keep everything (badges, medals, ribbons, global score etc) except your rank. ranks will be based on how you perform, not on how long you've been playing. global score system will still be the same. applying for commander will be calculated with a combination of global score & rank. just my point of view...

Comment

Originally posted by Legli
                            Unfortunately these guys almost always end up at the bottom of the table.
                            unless they were like me and got rid of the "ah crap i ballsed this up" account, got good and then made a new 'un with some time under their belt and a sharp eye

Comment

Working...
                            X