Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the beginning...

Hi all

Having bought BF2 around September 2005, I never knew what the ranking system was like 'in the beginning'. Once I read somewhere that 'Everyone was either a Private or a PFC. There were a few Lance Corporals and Corporals around, who we respected, and anyone was a Sergant had to be hacking!'
    (not exact words, just as a remember them).

So what was it like at the start? Did people respect the guys with higher ranks more? Sorry if this is stupid...I just wanted to know

Re: In the beginning...

I wish I could help you... I started a little bit after you did.

Comment

in the beginning my server list didnt workand i have NEVER used/trusted/installed gamespy or other such server browsers, so i played single player, then I moved house and didnt get my broadband on line for 6 months

Comment

rank means nothing now . but IMO it should not even be a part of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by tw33k2514
          rank means nothing now . but IMO it should not even be a part of the game.
          Internet ranks are 100% advertising, its an addiction to alot of susceptible minds, like smoking

Comment

You have a very good point here...In the beginning we all respected the gamers who had 50.000+ in no time. And when you played along one of these players who are sergeants you always looked up to them. But then everyone thought that these players where just very very good and now everyone knows they just haven't got any lives and play day in day out. And with the new ranking system everyone has a good rank in no time. Then you really had dto play for your ranks and your third rank was only after 10.000 points and now it is 800 points, if I am correct.

Comment

Almost. Corporal is currently at 800 points, I believe.

It used to be 12,500.

I got that before they lowered it, so I was usually one of the higher ranks on the server.

When someone saw a Sergeant, it was like "Whoa!"

Comment

I'm almost a Sergeant Major.... man oh man... officer ranks here I come.

Comment

Nice one!

Now for a VERY contraversial question: (And it's not what I want to happen, I am just asking!)

Would it be a good idea to reset everyone's RANKS (not awards, badges, etc!) and slightly increase the point requirements for ranks?

PLEASE...this is just a light-hearted question; not an incentive to start a flame war.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw
                    Nice one!

Now for a VERY contraversial question: (And it's not what I want to happen, I am just asking!)

Would it be a good idea to reset everyone's RANKS (not awards, badges, etc!) and slightly increase the point requirements for ranks?

PLEASE...this is just a light-hearted question; not an incentive to start a flame war.
                    No, because the amount of points tells for how long a player have been playing.

Comment

why would we reset the ranks?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw
                        Nice one!

No because I've had this game since day one and that would be totally unfair I've work my arse and only just got to 2nd lieutenant. And I've not plain whored I've not attack Helli whored and its only recently I've played a lot of karkand (because that's the only way we can keep our ranked server running blame the whole community for that).

Comment

Hell, I thought if I ever got sergeant major it'd be nuts. I never even thought of getting Lt. because like two people were Lt. lol.

Comment

I'm going to be a general when I grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
                              I'm going to be a general when I grow up.
                              Damn skippy! We have an advantage over the Colonels...we can play to get all expert MUCH sooner.

Comment

Working...
                              X