Why is Special Forces not integrated with BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is Special Forces not integrated with BF2

It can be intergrated its allready been developed in "tactical gamer mod" for BF 2

all though the play style is ALOT different on this mod if you like counter strike source game it is much like that you can get 1 or 2 shot kills most of the time its a sniper war which kind of sucks imo.

Comment

It is true that integration is possible. Why didn't they do it? I guess they were rushing to put it on the store shelves.

Comment

If you want to use grapel hook/tow line on BF 2 maps download this mod. I don't know if you will like the mod or not its all in the play style but from what I heard you die alot faster in this mod since weapon damaged is increased and health is decreased.

Comment

You don't need to download a mod.

Just read my post in this thread:

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66230

Comment

They didn't bother to consider their growth strategy before they started growing, so they delivered a pretty weak end-to-end player experience.

Typical of most companies, especially when they're out of touch with their audiences or think that they always know what's best for their users.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
              As I said, I think it's a matter of they didn't know how at the time. I further suspect that it would be an utter pain in the arse to try going back to do it now. That would cost money and dev time that they could be spending on other things (patches, more boosters, maybe some free content? Please?).

If Dice was to do some "Charity" work, I'd rather get another map than have SF integrated.

1942 was once only 1 xpack/mod at a time. Then they came out with a patch that would let you run any xpack or mod (IIRC) on the same server without having to shut it down and start it back up. I'll tell you why.....let me adjust my tin foil hat.....To sell more servers!!!! Yea that's it. Some clans would want to have both SF and Vbf2 running all the times....so yea....EA is evil....evil I tell you.....removes tin foil hat.

Oh and zipline's and grapples are very fun on Karkand. Also adding the teargas and gasmask's makes it that much better. Silenced sniper rifles, giving specops the G36k, Engie the p90 and all kind of fun things you can do.

Originally posted by FFOLKES
              You don't need to download a mod.

Just read my post in this thread:

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66230

HEHE, yep.....was a great find.....made lots of changes to my game so me and my son can have more fun. Going to put it up on our server for unranked play when I'm finished.

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
                They didn't bother to consider their growth strategy before they started growing, so they delivered a pretty weak end-to-end player experience.

Typical of most companies, especially when they're out of touch with their audiences or think that they always know what's best for their users.
                thats real complicated and risky if you don't do it right you can damage your game and will have to uninstall reinstall. I rather let someone do it for me in a mod then having to do it myself. Im not promoteing there mod in any way im just showing that special forces and bf are allready intergrated.

Comment

i dont know about the zipline in Kankand, etc, but I know that Vanilla and SF maps can be played in the same map rotation on the same server, provided that both the server and each client have the SF maps in the Vanilla folder.

Comment

they didn't integrate them because they were hard at work on 2142 and didn't want to waste the time on it, afterall it is all about making money for them...if they spent time on SF then they couldn't have spent time rushing 2142 to be ready before it's completed

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo_Matt[US]
                      thats real complicated and risky if you don't do it right you can damage your game and will have to uninstall reinstall. I rather let someone do it for me in a mod then having to do it myself. Im not promoteing there mod in any way im just showing that special forces and bf are allready intergrated.
                      By following my exact instructions you never alter the core bf2 and xpack mods. The key is creating new mods: One that is a copy of the BF2 mod and the other a copy of the SF xpack mod. Therefore there is no risk to your online MP game or cause you to reinstall.

Read my post again. It is not that complicated. Takes less than 10 minutes to set up.

Comment

Originally posted by {USI}_DirTyDeeDs
                        Vanilla and SF maps can be played in the same map rotation on the same server, provided that both the server and each client have the SF maps in the Vanilla folder.
                        anybody catch that? I wish a server would set up both maps in one rotation. I already have the SF maps in my Vanilla folder, just waiting for a server to set it up correctly :evil:

"Joining 24/7 Karkand, Warlord, Sharqi, Surge now"

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyTX
                          I followed your instructions, but whn I run SF, the new level doesn't show up. I edited the init.con, rezipped server.zip, then created a folder called Karkand2 in the SF levels folder and copied the 4 files to it. But then I fire up SF, go to Single Player, and only the standard maps are there.
                          Same thing happens for me. Someone said to "You must keep the same map name. Rename it to Strike_at_Karkand." which I did, but no joy.

I went back and changed the file properties on init.con back to read-only, and now it works! I had to un-zip and re-zip to do it.

Comment

Working...
                          X