X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community Update - 4/25/06

Community Update - 4/25/06

Attention Soldiers!

Although the 1.3 patch is still being worked on we wanted to provide a peek at what you can expect with the coming release:

NEW FEATURES
    • Co-op: Co-op Mode allows you to play Single Player levels on the Internet and LAN with both AI controlled bots and human players. Several new options have been created that will allow the server creator to modify how the bots behave in game.
    • Air dropped vehicles: Squad members can now send a request up the chain of command for a vehicle to be dropped at their location.
    BUG FIXES & GAME PLAY TWEAKS
    • Prevented ban list from being cleared in the event of a server crash.
    • Fixed issue with players not properly ranking up on servers where they continuously play.
    • Fixed bug where friendly vehicles show up as valid targets.
    • Friendly Vehicle lock: Lock-on weapons do not lock on to friendly vehicles. The box with an X through it will still appear, but a lock tone will not sound and then if fired, the missile will not track the friendly target.
    Keep in mind this is only a part of what 1.3 will include. Our live team is working diligently to provide the best update possible in preparation for the release of the Armored Fury booster pack!

Source

Re: Community Update - 4/25/06

Sounds great but that friendly vehicle thing dont sound right. If friendly troops keep showing up as enemies (which I noted the other day kept happening when the server auto switches somebody it dont respond correctly) then when that soldier gets in a vehicle it will fix it or doesnt show up in vehicle but still enemy as a soldier?

And that co-op deal better rock! Cause the co-op mods are kinda flaky.

Comment

Originally posted by Widkidone
      • Air dropped vehicles: Squad members can now send a request up the chain of command for a vehicle to be dropped at their location.
      Wholy poop!

I was really having trouble believing the rumor.
      Now we've got it from EA.
      Wow.

They're prolly not going to say anything about squad tweaks until the last moment, tho.

Comment

Originally posted by NUTZ_J98
        Sounds great but that friendly vehicle thing dont sound right. If friendly troops keep showing up as enemies (which I noted the other day kept happening when the server auto switches somebody it dont respond correctly) then when that soldier gets in a vehicle it will fix it or doesnt show up in vehicle but still enemy as a soldier?

And that co-op deal better rock! Cause the co-op mods are kinda flaky.
        They are refering to the enemy/friendly box indicator in planes which happens independently of the red/blue tag bug.

Comment

Anyone else looking forward to a full 64 person server...where 1 team is down to 1 spawn point...and all crowed together....then dropping a Humvee on them?

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck
            They are refering to the enemy/friendly box indicator in planes which happens independently of the red/blue tag bug.
            Oh OK so I will still be getting TK stats and punished like crazy for auto even servers eh?

Comment

I want to see who can build the tallest stack of Humvee's/in the weirdest place IAR!

Comment

muting the radio spam and removing snipers from the scanner would be a welcome addition

Comment

Its truth now. My evil scheeming plan is begining. Soon all copter fields will be full of cars! :drevil:

Comment

What's the point of a vehicle drop?

I've never been anywhere where there's not a vehicle parked and waiting. Besides most of the time it's not that far between clashes.

The friendly vehicle lock is a nice fix. However, it's not an urgent thing, unlike the red/blue tag issue. The name tag issues happen way more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruhanga
                      Its truth now. My evil scheeming plan is begining. Soon all copter fields will be full of cars! :drevil:
                      you just gave me an idea, choppers being a pain towards your team? drop a million cars on their helipad and it wont spawn :laugh:

Comment

I hope there will be places designated in maps where you can't drop one.

Comment

On most maps I'd prefer to walk it anyway, less chance of being detected, plus you don't dhow up on the bombers sights on maps like Clean Sweep.

Comment

I bet to make the vehicle air drop more useful their going take out a lot of the vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Widkidone
                              [*]Air dropped vehicles: Squad members can now send a request up the chain of command for a vehicle to be dropped at their location
                              Sweet mother. I'll finally get my wish: drop an aircraft carrier on LAND!!! Oh man, I'm going pwn everyone!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X