Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PunksBusted WILL NOT listen to reason

Originally posted by abtomat74
    I've gotten the MD5 mismatch tons of times...all while playing on my regular server that does MD5 checks and reports to the master list.
    The MD5Tool checks are used in two ways and are often confused as the difference isn't clear:
    • checking the condition of stock files - this can cause kicks if your stock files don't match what the server has configured. PsB doesn't ban for this at all.
    • checking for specific non-standard, cheat files - PsB distributes a list of checks to its members and bans for these

Originally posted by abtomat74
    Also, I believe it is ultimately up to the server operator to examine these bans before sending them in to the master list.
    The MBL is automatic in this sense - the only submitting performed by member admins is for screenshots. Violations are handled automatically, end-to-end.

Edit: spelling

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up about the submissions. Also I should have added that my mismatches did result in kicks, but kicks only.

We never figured out what caused the kicks, was just a minor nuisance that went away by itself apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Omnix
        I would disagree and say you haven't visited recently, or that you're looking at a small minority, before our moderating staff arrive.
        true - I havent visted recently. maybe things have changed.

We have an appeals process and the majority of appeals don't come down to determining PB error.
        acutally I didnt mean pb error, I meant to say some bans are lifted due to PB stating it was a false positive, or other event in which PB states it is a non-cheating issue.

We don't hold bans for modified stock files - the ban reason would not have been this. You are probably looking at a violation that was recorded against the GUID.
        ya I just did a quick violation check which showed a md5 mismatch. you dont ban for that? there was however another item listed with no information following.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
          acutally I didnt mean pb error, I meant to say some bans are lifted due to PB stating it was a false positive, or other event in which PB states it is a non-cheating issue.
          Yes, that's what I was meaning when I used the phrase "PB error".

Originally posted by signa
          ya I just did a quick violation check which showed a md5 mismatch. you dont ban for that? there was however another item listed with no information following.
          If it was a mismatch on a stock file such as BF2.exe, then we don't ban for it. BF2.exe mismatches are often caused by ***** cracks or as with other stock file mismatches, simple file corruption issues. Stock file mismatches prove in no way that a player was cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Omnix
            0? Where did you get that from? PsB has removed plenty of bans. I can't put a figure on the amount released via appeals, but it is certainly not zero as you suggest.

I stand corrected. The actual number is 1, not zero.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the data? Seems pretty straightforward.

Comment

Originally posted by Betageek
              http://rep.punksbusted.com:9000/cgi-bin/bans.cgi

I stand corrected. The actual number is 1, not zero.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the data? Seems pretty straightforward.
              Er, this is what I see:

Game: BattleField 2
              Date: 04/26/2006 10:15
              Version: 1118
              Master Ban List (1311)
              Ban Removals (210)

210 - and those are recent removals. Most of them are down to glitches on master servers which affect a lot of people for a very short amount of time before the violation is recalled.

Comment

Working...
              X