Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Sergeant promotion woes?

Hi all,

Yesterday I received the final basic badge (knife combat) that is required for 1st sergeant. I've got all of the basic badges, I even went as far as to get basic explosive ordinance and still no rank promotion. I know the promotion system can be slow sometimes, but I think I'm missing something. As far as I can confirm, I have the points and the basic badges required for top kick. Anyone else have this problem? I have in excess of 26,000 global points, so that shouldn't be an issue either. Any thoughts?

Re: 1st Sergeant promotion woes?

How many times has this been asked in the past two weeks?

Do a search first mate, the answer is because you ranked to Master Sergeant at 20k you willnot get First Sergeant. Your next rank up is at 50K.

Comment

Originally posted by hellcat29er
      Hi all,

Yesterday I received the final basic badge (knife combat) that is required for 1st sergeant. I've got all of the basic badges, I even went as far as to get basic explosive ordinance and still no rank promotion. I know the promotion system can be slow sometimes, but I think I'm missing something. As far as I can confirm, I have the points and the basic badges required for top kick. Anyone else have this problem? I have in excess of 26,000 global points, so that shouldn't be an issue either. Any thoughts?
      You'll never be first sergeant, and you have to wait til 50,000 for your next promotion. You can become 1st sergeant only at 20,000 if you have the badges prior to hitting 20,000. If you don't have the badges at 20,000 you only become master sergeant, and getting those badges later won't make a difference.

Comment

thanks guys.

Comment

lol...that sucks pretty bad for you!

Comment

same thing happened to me

Comment

I'm good to go until..... Brigadier General

Comment

it's not so bad.

Look at it this way: You bypass 1st sgt and go straight to SGt. Major with a chance at Sgt Major of the Corps which is only given to one player by EA.

And the Officer ranks come easy after 50,000.

You think the basic badges are hard? Wait until you hit the Colonel Barrier with the Expert badges required to advance to General. As far as I am concerned I will never see some of those experts badges.

Comment

I don't think there is a Sgt Major of the Corps anymore... I think it's been replaced with the 4 star General.

Comment

My next rank up will be my last I dare say :<

Comment

only first Sargeant? keep playing man....

Comment

Its going to take so long, it took me a year to get 20 grand, 50 seems so far away, I wish I had more time, my finace will be pregnant this time next year, so there goes game time... :cry:

Comment

this time next year? you have a time machine? It took me less than 2 months after I became First Sargeant to get about 25K points. Another two or three weeks for Master Sargeant... and then the next rankings will be so much easier.

I'm graduating this year... getting married... finding a new place to live... finding a new job... who knows what else!

Comment

You will get seargeant major next time tho!

Comment

its nice getting 1st serg you get a double unlock ^^

lol Zefram you've played bout a day more than me and ur 20k points ahead

im just a slacker playing for fun

Comment

Working...
                              X