Infantry-only servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infantry-only servers?

I have been playing on a couple of infantry only servers these past few days, but they are starting to get lame fast. I started playing them b/c i wanted a break from all the armor whoring on karkand, but in these servers people still use armor and nobody did anything about it so i just left.
    But im just wanting to know if infantry-only servers are legal?

Re: Infantry-only servers?

no they are not, and playing on them you risk being reset if EA catches you..

Comment

What if they are unranked? Does it make any difference or will they still reset you? It seems like unranked servers should be able to make these rules since they can not possibly lead to stat padding.

Comment

it shouldnt matter if the server is unranked. b/c everbody and there mamma can run an unranked server.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrag
          What if they are unranked? Does it make any difference or will they still reset you? It seems like unranked servers should be able to make these rules since they can not possibly lead to stat padding.
          an unranked server can do what ever they want.

Comment

yeah, unranked = anything goes.

There are plenty of choices for "city maps" servers - usually run Karkand, Sharqi, and Mashtur in rotation. If you're looking for infantry combat, they're your best place, and usually there's someone dedicated to dealing with the armor. I play on servers like the 64 man StrafeRight.com server, and usually have np moving from flag to flag with a squad and avoiding the armor.

Another option is 16 player maps. On most of them the amount of armor is limited, maps like Kubra Damn-16 have only 1 tank per side, and no APC's. They are very infantry oriented, without being illegal...

Comment

Infantry only war, now theres a thought!:laugh:
              He who owns the skies, owns the war!

Comment

I love inf only, theres a few unranked servers i play on which have the no vechle mod, so there arnt actualy any vechles on the map.

Comment

I played one map which was amazingly fun, 16 player map but with 64 people. For once it was the most realistic/intense battle, although it was absuredly short. I get tired of all the huge maps where people just run around taking undefended bases with apcs/tanks, doesn't seem very fun to me. I'm all for squad based combat, but I'd actually like to see a real frontline warzone, where there is no "back road" to take and loop around to grab undefended bases, but actually has a defensive and offensive side. The proportion of size of map to amount of players on most of the 64-size maps just doesn't fit for me.

Comment

Infantry only maps are fun. Most aren't really enforced by the admins, more so by the players on the server. If some @ssh@t gets into Armor a vote kick tends to get rid of the player very quickly.

As far as getting my stats reset. I could really care less. I play this game to have fun. Stats and ranks are meaningless garbage that just shows how much time you devote to playing the game and nothing else.

Comment

I dont really see how the Infantry Only servers can be illegal. Most of the servers do not have admins who will kick you for hopping in armor. Most of the ones I have been in have admins who will ask the players to vote-kick the person in the armor, which seems like a more "legal" option if EA is trying to step on some toes.

As far as I see it, its no business of EA's what the server admins do in their server (short of stat padding or cheating) as theyre not the ones paying hundreds of dollars a month for it. If their goal is to keep people from stat padding, they need to start heading into their own ranked servers and snatching the balls off of the spawn rapers in there.

Comment

i did a thread a couple weeks back sayin we need a infantry only map(well askin what other people thought of the idea).
                        this got flamed like mad,
                        i personaly like infantry only maps there more fun but like some one already said you get people spoiling it by using vechiles.
                        i like them an think there agood idea.
                        most if not all the maps on bf2 have vechiles in one way or another,an not enough ground pounding roles due to most jumpin in a vechile.

Comment

no they are not, and playing on them you risk being reset if EA catches you..
                          Thanks for letting me know that, now I definitely won't play on them anymore.

Comment

Infantry only map threads get flamed by people with no talent except sitting in a vehicle. Put them on the ground with a rifle and their arses will flap.

Comment

If you want an intense, highly skilled and highly co-ordinated game, then inf only is the way forward. Karkand infantry only is fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                              X