You have been switched to the other team by the server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You have been switched to the other team by the server

Yay, autoswitch sometimes sux0rs but it's important for gameplay... Have you ever been in a 10 player team and fought against 32 opponents? That's more disgusting than beeing autoswitched..

Comment

Originally posted by Stizzle
      I think autobalance should be based on rank/stats somehow, so that teams are more even. Right now it feels very......random, alot of the time i see a team full or privates vs 1st Sgt's and above. Where's the balance in that? Sure rank isn't really a true way of showing how good someone is but it's a whole lot better than a random pick to switch teams...
      I think 1) autobalance should be based on squad criteria. Load wolfs should ALWAYS be switched first. 2) Round score. That way, you're not moving the leading scorer who had contributed alot to the team to the other team. And if a 3rd is needed, then go to rank. But yes, random is stupid and just contributes more to selfless play than team play.

Comment

Couple of clarifications:

1) Commanders cannot be switched while a round is going on. They can be and are switched between maps since in effect, they are lonewolfs (not in a squad or CO). This has happened to me quite a few times.

2) On the autobalance, it does first look to switch lone wolfs before squad members.

Comment

The only time this bothers me is if I am playing with a group of friends in a squad using voip/TS.
          If I'm just pubbing then I don't care.

Comment

fecking autoh0m0 , aint it a beotch

Comment

Originally posted by jlspence
              Couple of clarifications:

1) Commanders cannot be switched while a round is going on. They can be and are switched between maps since in effect, they are lonewolfs (not in a squad or CO). This has happened to me quite a few times.

2) On the autobalance, it does first look to switch lone wolfs before squad members.
              actually number 2 doesnt work consistantly i have seen squad mates switched while there were lone wolves out there...

Comment

it does NOT switch lone wolfs first, only the commander and the squad LEADERS are ATB-proof (auto team balance) after that its just a random lone wolf OR squad MEMBER that gets switched.

I have to say i dont know how they could improve it without basing it on skill or rank as someone else has said, i dont think only lone wolfs should be switched as often all the better players are squaded and so it would move the worst players to the losing team (often it ATB's because people leave the losing side when they are doing badly, not always but more often then people leving the winning side IMHO)

I often see all the high ranks on one team as well, this is usually because some of them manually switch when the round starts because they are bad losers as even with full teams it allows team switching untill everyone has actually clicked "join" Because of this i would stop ANYONE being able to manually switch sides in those circumstances and then getting auto-switched would be FAR less common IMHO.

Comment

Just be a squad leader....problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by ace4u
                    I think only lone wolfs should be switched, not comanders or those in a squad.
                    I agree. Afair, today you have to be a squadleader not to get switched (as easily). They should expand that list so that squadmembers also have a lower chance of being transferred compared to a lonewolf. I mean, the lonewolf isn't interested in playing for his team anyway?

Comment

Thats my point, so how does the lonewolf help the OTHER team he gets switched to, as they will generally be doing worse to have players leave and force the team balance in the first place.

I think the only fair way is to have a score or rank modifier so the teams stay balanced from a skill point of view.

Comment

If you get auto-switched a lot then that means one thing. You die too much.

So quit dying and you won't get switched.

Comment

Originally posted by [2bit]Modmaven
                          Just be a squad leader....problem solved.
                          Now we have too many squad leaders.

Comment

I've had times where i'm running around fighting really hard and capturing 80% of the flags with my squad when BAM! I die and get switched to the other team without even a flag left to spawn at.. talk about shoddy programming

Comment

Originally posted by Sung_Do_Chuck
                              Yay, autoswitch sometimes sux0rs but it's important for gameplay... Have you ever been in a 10 player team and fought against 32 opponents? That's more disgusting than beeing autoswitched..
                              QFT. Autobalance may urinate me off, but it's preferable to the alternative.

Originally posted by i made you
                              Why would anybody want to have a bunch of wins anyway. It just means you're usually on the good team and can't stand a challenge. My win/loss ratio is .8 or less.
                              Or it shows that you work well with that group of people. Myself, for example, I play with a group of about five different guys regularly and we all work well as a squad - good communication, teamwork, strategy, we all use VoIP. Consequently, since we all play together a lot we win quite a few games. I've never switched just to get a win (in fact on several occasions I have switched to the losing side to be with mates) but the game is a lot more enjoyable when you're in a squad with a group of guys who work well together than it is when you're in with a bunch of disorganised lonewolves. It just so happens that that usually translates out to being on the winning team.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by i made you
                                Why would anybody want to have a bunch of wins anyway. It just means you're usually on the good team and can't stand a challenge. My win/loss ratio is .8 or less.
                                That is like asking, why play a game that you will be entertained at? Why have fun when playing BF2? You seem to be saying you like getting owned when you play. I mean, that is great for you, but some people like to help their team win.

Sometimes the server switches poeple, it is a setting that can be adjusted in BF2CC. I will often times try and keep things balanced on our server by keeping the equal numbers of high and low ranking players on each team. Otherwise it will be stacked and no one will have fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X