Night Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Maps

Okay, been hearing alot of 'THere are no night maps'; 'Night maps suck'.. Well I just got done playing on the only server that had night maps going..And I got to say..it was freaking hard, if you want some difference and actual great teamwork and play, you have to try Night Flight. That is the best night map in my opinion.

THe people that say 'night maps suck' obviously are in the Karkand only phase of thier life, or the phase of 'Jets Only bitch' attitude. They really haven't given it a chance; just like I didn't. I say try NIght Flight a couple times an you'll see the major gameplay involved. What other maps can you get ran over by a forklift?? Do you guys want more cowbell in you gameplay? Do you guys want more Night Maps??

Re: Night Maps

I'd be careful about making such sweeping statements about those who dislike the night maps, but I agree about Night Flight - I love that map. It was the first SF map I played and I really enjoyed the difference from vanilla. For a while, it was my most-played SF map, but I very rarely see any night maps now, so it's fallen down the rankings a little bit.

I'm sure the night maps aren't for everyone, but I can't agree with people who just write them off as crap. I don't like Devil's Perch much, but that's for the geography of map itself (I find it a bit too linear for my liking) rather than for the night-time environment. Night Flight kicks ass. I still prefer Warlord, but I reckon Night Flight probably comes a close second.

Comment

well i agree with part of your post..

1st i do agree with the TARDS out there that ONLY play jet maps and only play Karkland... and those people are not into what BF2 is as a game (in my opinion)
      2nd i do like night maps... i think they add a lvl of difficulty to them. But there are a lot of people too into stats and so then they wont play these maps cause they get wasted ... the reason they get wasted is they cant actually play bf2!!! they are the people that play CS:S and sit back and wait for their team to go first, and drag the team down with selfish play.

but i wish more people played SF.. its much more ballanced game play

Comment

Actually fatLUNCH you points are valid in the fact that people have brought BF2 down in difficulty. People are so obsessed with stats that it doesnt make the game fun. Good example is Warlord. IF you don't get all your experts in that map then you are on the short bus (j/k), but I see alot of people on that map just lay clays down and run away to get thier explosives.

But After Playing NIght Flight, It was the same as playing any other map (unfortunately kinda like a dark Karkand ) and you are right there is a level of difficulty involved.

Comment

Count me in as one of those who love the night maps. No, I don't like them better than the other maps, but I find the night maps to be a great change of pace from the normal day maps.

My complaints are that there are very few servers who have night maps in their rotation. And the few servers that run night maps are usually dead. Sorry, but as much as I love the night maps, play one 5vs5 does not appeal to me.

Another problem that I noticed last night, is that I joined 2 servers since they were playing Devils Perch, but neither of those servers even allowed for squads? What is the point of playing Battlefield 2 if you can't join/create a squad. It's a TEAM game. If you want a deathmatch, go back to the Quake/Half-Life DM days.

Also, many people complain about seeing the green on their screen for too long. As someone who actually played Splinter Cell for more than 5 minutes (I own them all), I love the stealthy action and night goggles. But I guess it's not for everyone. It's too bad that there rarely is enough people who enjoy them to play a full server of night maps.

I'd like a server that has night maps as every other map in the rotation. Not unlike some Mostly Ghost Town server where every other map is GT. Make every other map a night map, then switch to day maps in between those. Maybe that would help? No?

Comment

Originally posted by 2MinuteWarning
            Actually fatLUNCH you points are valid in the fact that people have brought BF2 down in difficulty.....

and you are right there is a level of difficulty involved.
            Thank you... I would like to find a few servers that are on the west coast and that actually play different maps, both on SF and Normal BF2...

as well as a good CLAN that i can be apart of but dont have to play every single night...

anyways CHEERS!

Comment

We are more of a community than a clan, we just have bunch of people that want to have fun. And we have 3 servers. I am just trying to NOT be one of the Jones's and get a different map other than Karkand (:0 we have one..ironic..) But popularity sells unfortunately.

And to Slacker317, that is a good idea, to go from Night map to a day map...That would be ideal..but as you said there are a dozen Ghosts and Wars out there(unfortunately I might have to go to that.) Popularity sells....

Comment

Nice to see we are making the topic of Night Maps quite a serious one now since my first topic here http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66478

I totally agree with Slacker 100% too! Some great points made there. And cycling Night maps in between the day maps is a top idea. Just last week me and my friend Limpooka joined an empty server that was sat on Devil’s Perch to get it started. After about an hour and a half of fooling around there were enough players to start the game. The server seemed to go from day maps to Night maps each turn like Slacker was suggesting. It worked really well! And the players for once didn’t all up and leave when it was time for the night maps.

We need more nocturnal game players in the BF2 community! I’d love Splinter Cell if it weren’t a 3rd person. I also love games like Thief 2 and 3, Aliens Versus Predator 2 and Doom3. All mostly played in the dark. They all make for a great spooky challenge! And you can take advantage of the shadows yourself. I guess it’s all down to a player’s game history and what they are used too. If you aren’t used to surviving without the light switch I guess you’re screwed on Night maps. :laugh: I'm guessing judging from the lack of Night map fans amongst the BF2 community that most of them don't play dark games like I've mentioned. And probably wouldn't like them either.

In the Thief games I preferred to knock as many torch lights out as necessary with the water arrows to make it harder for the guards to see me. Imagine what it would be like if you could shoot out the lights in SF like in Splinter Cell?
                :shock:

Thanx for that Game Monitor signature 2 Minute Warning! I’m adding that to my favourites. :rock:

Comment

i think lots of people dont like then cos they can run around like a headless chicken with a PKM. The night maps require lots more effort and thinking not just run and gun. I really like them, they are refreshing.

Comment

Okay I took ya'lls consideration and now putting a rotation in from day, to night and back to day kinda thing. I might have to rid this server and make it a OMAN if it doesnt fill up...

Comment

there are some nuisances including INABILITY TO SEE USING nvision...

ect

Comment

I am also one that loves the night maps. I used to hate Leviathan only, but once I got used to it, it become quite fun to play. On the other hand, I don't play any other night based games.

Comment

Originally posted by kwef
                          there are some nuisances including INABILITY TO SEE USING nvision...

ect
                          Have you played any Night maps since the last patch? If it’s before the last patch then I can agree with you because the NVG textures were not working properly. Since the last update they fixed them all and personally I have no problems seeing with night vision except of course for looking at brightly lit areas. But that’s how real Night vision works I believe. It adds that imperfection and balance to using them. I have the NVG’s assigned to a quick button on my Nostromo Speedpad which I use instead of keyboard so I can flick them on and off regularly with ease. If my NVG’s need recharging then I try to camp in a reasonably lighten room.

If you are still having problems seeing with NVG’s then perhaps a change of monitor or graphics card upgrade might be in order? Apart from that I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockWolF
                            Since the last update they fixed them all and personally I have no problems seeing with night vision except of course for looking at brightly lit areas. But that’s how real Night vision works I believe.
                            You are correct, that is the way they work. I spent 8 years in the army. I drove an APC for 4 of those and we ran night ops, and driving with the NVG's (Night Vision Goggles) on makes for a fun time!!! LOL... the only thing i notice different in the game as opposed to real life is the DEPTH PERCEPTION. Real life with the NVG's there is a huge depth perception like you try and reach for somthing and it still 1 foot from you if not more. I also used to sweep for mines and that SUCKED DONKEY BALLS doing that at night!!! :cry:

anyways i can ramble...

Comment

Originally posted by fatLUNCH
                              You are correct, that is the way they work. I spent 8 years in the army. I drove an APC for 4 of those and we ran night ops, and driving with the NVG's (Night Vision Goggles) on makes for a fun time!!! LOL... the only thing i notice different in the game as opposed to real life is the DEPTH PERCEPTION. Real life with the NVG's there is a huge depth perception like you try and reach for somthing and it still 1 foot from you if not more. I also used to sweep for mines and that SUCKED DONKEY BALLS doing that at night!!! :cry:

anyways i can ramble...
                              I've never wanted to join the army but I still have to say that your experience sounds interesting. I bet your training helps your tactics when playing this game?

Comment

Working...
                              X