Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The move from 1GB of RAM to 2GB of RAM...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The move from 1GB of RAM to 2GB of RAM...

Originally posted by Razorbladehaze
    Bf2 does not need 2 gigs at all, it utualizes maybe 1.5 for your total system if you already have process running. i idle at about 250 (18%) mb ram usage, while playing bf2 it goes to a max of around 900mb (41-43%) system usage.

Loading times is influenced more by 1.) cpu speed, and 2.) ram bandwith/speed/latency.

adding more that 1-1.5 gigs is a waste in relation to bf2.
    the difference from 512mb-1gb is dramatic, the change from 1-1.5 nearly nothing, from 1.5 to 2.mb nothing.

of course this depends on your system and what crap is on it.
    well i agree with some of that ,but on a personal note i noticed when i went from 1gb to 1.5 gig i got no stutter when the map loaded but i did with 1g ,what conserns me (highlighted in red) is i was going to make my total ram 2gb 2morrow what experience have you had from 1.5 to 2gb as i would like a little info as most ppl go from 1gb to 2gb .thanks

Comment

to see fps in the game: renderer.drawfps 1

In console.

I just did this. Before I had 1x512mb vdata, and 2x256 kingston, went with 2gb 2x1gb GSkill performance ram from newegg. It runs much smoother now, and the 'coughing' / stuttering at the beginning of the round is gone. I've had 1 CTD since this install, but I had plenty more beforehand - I still pin them on my outdated vid card, which is the next upgrade.

But I'd certainly recommend this, it really helps overall gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by zenkis14
        How do you see how many fps in game?
        renderer.drawfps 1

Comment

Working...
        X