SCAR-L not good at long range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCAR-L not good at long range

There is like 27 threads that discuss this, is the search feature broken?

Comment

I'd personally argue that it's not meant to be good at long range, spec ops isn't meant to be a sniper class. It's meant to be good at medium distance.

Leave the long distances to the snipers and concentrate on giving those tanks hell

Comment

G36K > all other carbines

Comment

Yes yes... if you know how to use the Scar-L, it can be one of the strongest weapons. Aim below the head. Just get your red dot on the enemy's head, switch to single shot, then when you press down on your mouse, move it down the same distance. That way, you always get a close HS (Even though 1 HS with the ScarL wont 1 kill. Just practice with bots. Thats how I get really good with my guns.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
            M4 = best spec ops gun
            Its fair, but the G36, and Scar-L are equally as useful if not better in some instances. The G36 is great for long distance pickins, razor accurate. The Scar-L is powerful, great as said for medium range, but fails at longer distance.

Comment

I have the most luck with the Scar compared to all the other Spec. Ops. guns.

Comment

Bottom line is that the SCAR-L is the worst spec ops gun. I do have it unlocked and haven't used it since.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck
                  Bottom line is that the SCAR-L is the worst spec ops gun. I do have it unlocked and haven't used it since.
                  The real bottom line:

It's a pepsi vs. coke argument.

Comment

Originally posted by caido_souls
                    I'd personally argue that it's not meant to be good at long range, spec ops isn't meant to be a sniper class. It's meant to be good at medium distance.

Leave the long distances to the snipers and concentrate on giving those tanks hell
                    You mean a sniper bullet can kill a tank, I seriously doubt that dude!

Originally posted by Antioch93x
                    Yes yes... if you know how to use the Scar-L, it can be one of the strongest weapons. Aim below the head. Just get your red dot on the enemy's head, switch to single shot, then when you press down on your mouse, move it down the same distance. That way, you always get a close HS (Even though 1 HS with the ScarL wont 1 kill. Just practice with bots. Thats how I get really good with my guns.
                    Thanks for the tip. But it is several steps, does it take long.

Comment

Originally posted by BF2Freak
                      You mean a sniper bullet can kill a tank, I seriously doubt that dude!

Thanks for the tip. But it is several steps, does it take long.
                      eh? what are you on about, I said to the guy just concentrate on getting good at C4'ing tanks. And to be honest if I was any class at any distance comming up against a tank I'd haul ass and get outa there. If I was AT i'd still haul ass and then try take him down. The point I was making was you can't expect a gun to be amazing at everything, if he want's to do long shots then pick the sniper kit. If he wants to be in an advantage at medium/short range and have an advantage against tanks compared to other players (apart from AT) then stick with the SCAR and get used to it

Comment

That is why yuo switch it to 1 fire bullet burst.

Comment

By far my favourite thing to do as spec ops is to trap a tank on a bridge by blowing up two sections surrounding it, and then having a sniper pick off the guy when he gets out. Fix the bridge, give the tank to a teammate, repeat

(Operation Clean Sweep is great for this)

Of course the funniest thing to do is to lay some c4 on the sides of the bridge so you don't kill the tank but it falls into the water instead

Comment

If you want to hunt tanks go AT... Othwise stop blowing yourself up we need the tickets.

Comment

perfer to use spec ops if I can for that.

1) its alot quicker to kill a tank by throwing 2 C4's on it
                              2) they don't get a lock on alarm
                              3) your weapons don't fly through them lol

Comment

Working...
                              X