SCAR-L not good at long range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCAR-L not good at long range

I just unlocked SCAR-L. I like the red dot notion and it zooms nicely to a distance. However, its recoil is high. I can't shoot to kill enemy who goes prone.:|:

Re: SCAR-L not good at long range

Yeah prone people suck I always forget to go prone when in CQC and get blown away

Comment

The SCAR-L is good if used correctly,i played a whole round of danquin oilfield with this weapon,and i think i got to use it 5 times..and still finished on the winning side & top ..If ur spec op do what spec ops are supposed to do,blow up tanks/bridges/arty/uav`s ETC ETC u will end up with a great score...

Comment

Originally posted by -=[PC-EF]=- Surge<UK>
        The SCAR-L is good if used correctly,i played a whole round of danquin oilfield with this weapon,and i think i got to use it 5 times..and still finished on the winning side & top ..If ur spec op do what spec ops are supposed to do,blow up tanks/bridges/arty/uav`s ETC ETC u will end up with a great score...
        I think those who use C4 to blow up tanks are genius. How do you predict where the tank goes. I know how to ambush tank near a captured flag. But apart from that, bridge, passage and corridor, I really don't know where to plant the C4 in an open field.

Comment

Originally posted by BF2Freak
          I think those who use C4 to blow up tanks are genius. How do you predict where the tank goes. I know how to ambush tank near a captured flag. But apart from that, bridge, passage and corridor, I really don't know where to plant the C4 in an open field.
          Well you can plant the C4 ON the tank if you can get close enough. Other times its sheer guesswork.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade Falcon
            Well you can plant the C4 ON the tank if you can get close enough. Other times its sheer guesswork.
            How many normally kill a tank? But then, by the time I get close to the tank I would have been killed by the tanker anyway UNLESS I wa respawned just next to it.

Comment

How many normally kill a tank? But then, by the time I get close to the tank I would have been killed by the tanker anyway UNLESS I wa respawned just next to it.

it takes two c4's to kill a full health tank, and about runnin up on him, its best to wait at a corner and watch the turret of the tank, where he cant see you but you can see him, and when he turns around make a mad dash for him. when you get close enough you can crouch so that he cant see you if he does turn around.

Comment

I thought the same thing as well, but then I was on Karkand, and i was zoomed and some guy came running intersecting my FOV, so I switched to Full-Auto, and I mowed him down with 3-5 shot bursts...

I realized that at medium range, zooming and squeezing off 3-5 shot bursts works extremely well....but still its not enough to make me give up my G36c or the MEC standard kit.(I forget the name)

Comment

i love the scar-L...i think that its somewhat powerful, and a few bursts into a crowd usually gets me a few kills......too bad i havent unlcoked it yet (dont have sf)

Comment

Im starting to like using the c4 in a tactical purpose more then chucking..

I admit i was a chucker BURN ME AT THE STAKE ! i complained about the chucking being removed but you get a better feeling when you've snuck up on a tank and blown it up then chucking it at it...
                    need to be more stealthy.. waiting behind objects and waiting for the tank to go by and run after it is a good method, unless you can hide c4 well they normally look for it

thread related :

i like the SCAR its the most powerful of the carbines but the most inaccurate but it you use it on single shot and aim a little under the head of a prone soldier it seems to do the trick, just like the L85, you have to accomidate for the crappy accuracy :P

Comment

I just unlocked SCAR-L. I like the red dot notion and it zooms nicely to a distance. However, its recoil is high. I can't shoot to kill enemy who goes prone.:|:
                      put it on semi-auto and voila! problem solved.

and never shoot while in semi auto without holding control and zooming in.

Comment

yeah, i thought this gun was a piece of sh!t but then i began to use it alot. by useing it alot u begin to know how the gun works and feels. the gun is a pretty good if u know how to use it. by the whay for more accercy shoot like five at a time in prone postion.

i cant spell srroy?...

Comment

M4 = best spec ops gun

Comment

Originally posted by -={DAC}MI7
                            i like the SCAR its the most powerful of the carbines but the most inaccurate but it you use it on single shot and aim a little under the head of a prone soldier it seems to do the trick, just like the L85, you have to accomidate for the crappy accuracy :P
                            Has the AKS-74U faded that far into obscurity?

Comment

Scar-L is cool, G36c is cool: it's always very difficult to make a decision :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X