Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How NOT to be revived

Originally posted by Chuck_Stizake
    Why do people complain about this? Who cares? You don't actually die until the 15 seconds is up. You could be shot and revived a 100 times and you wouldn't have one death on your record, and your team wouldn't lose a ticket. Just deal with it.
    My complaint. I die, but need to spawn near X CP to help my SQL defend that position. Medic revives me here, and we lose the CP regardless of whether I was instantly killed again after the revive or not. I hate those situations, but I still prefer that they revive me rather than not. It's a catch 22, I guess.

Comment

In rtcw/et you could "tap out" (makes you unable to be revived and forces you into limbo) by pressing your jump key, it would be nice to see a feature to see in a future patch.

Comment

Thats a good idea you got there.

Comment

Well you shouldnt get yourself shot in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by sdm151
            I'm not positive, but I think if you have the spawn/kit selection screen up then you will not be revived.
            I have been revived again even from this screen.

Comment

Originally posted by one ill mother
              In rtcw/et you could "tap out" (makes you unable to be revived and forces you into limbo) by pressing your jump key, it would be nice to see a feature to see in a future patch.
              rtcw should be learn't from were medics are concerned, you should be canclled out of being revived if you choose the change kit screen, simple as.

Tis so god damn annoying being revived by an over keen medic when theres armor about! although I have been known to return the love

Comment

Originally posted by Remmydox
                I couldn't agree more. You die to the tank. Then some idiot comes out around the corner, revives you. Before you have a chance to move yoru dead again, and sometimes this can go on for about 2 minutes ontil the reviver dies. It ****es me off
                So you suggest that we should strangle him to death as soon as we smell him coming over?

Originally posted by Sir. SpungE
                Well you shouldnt get yourself shot in the first place!
                what ever happens to you before you are critically wounded, creep underneath a truck or whatever so he can get on the top of you!

Comment

Originally posted by Remmydox
                  I couldn't agree more. You die to the tank. Then some idiot comes out around the corner, revives you. Before you have a chance to move yoru dead again, and sometimes this can go on for about 2 minutes ontil the reviver dies. It ****es me off

ZOMFGZ STAT PADDERZ!

Comment

Bind key to say "Tell my wife I love her."

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck_Stizake
                      Why do people complain about this? Who cares? You don't actually die until the 15 seconds is up. You could be shot and revived a 100 times and you wouldn't have one death on your record, and your team wouldn't lose a ticket. Just deal with it.
                      Sure thing buddy, I'm sure you're just gonna love it when I kill you and revive you over and over and over and over.

Lets see how long you can be Mr. Patience here.

Comment

guys, your not answering my question

Comment

Originally posted by alabama619
                          guys, your not answering my question
                          Yep, thats what happens on this site when you start a new thread, it gets hijacked by d'oh heads .

I think if you go to the map when you die, or press tab (something like that) then you can't be revived and die after the 15 second thing.

By the way, I would revive you all the time if you were under fire, cos you laugh so much when i die :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Comment

We did answer the question, I will simplify. There currently is no way to prevent yourself from being revived. Its something that needs to be added to the game though.
                            The only way to prevent it as far I know is quit the game and sometimes the revive will prevent that. See its all in the posts above, just not very clear. . . . . .Clear. . . .Now get back to the fight. . . . .Red

Comment

Chuck ....the point is...it is EXTREMELY frustrating to wait for the 15 seconds to get down to ONE...only to be revived and KILLED AGAIN!!! Another 15 seconds...revive..and DEAD again! And what if we have a tank stealing the flag and I want to revive as AT and blow it up...but this medic keeps reviving me...instant death....he gets killed...we lose flag to enemy tank.

No one cares about having one death on your record...it's really NOT about that at all bro.....

Comment

That's the essence of the game guys! everybody is doing their job, even if they're incompetent or not in accordance to your wishes. Live with it. Besides, did'nt you notice that you only die once (spawn record to the right) and even if you die again after the revive and die again and gets revive again (and so on), your death record is still recorded as 1 and therefore when you get killed this way it will not bloat your death record. On the other hand, it ****ess you off because of the time wasted being spawn killed successively and can't do anything about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X