Chopper pilots TKing their own gunners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chopper pilots TKing their own gunners

Senario: I'm an Ok pilot, but there have been a couple times recently when I was flying and someone came along that I figured might be better, I gave them the opportunity to take the pilot seat if they wanted, then I took gunner. First time this guy flys out over the ocean then hovers... at first I'm thinking, "what is he doing..." then I start hearing the "Your leaving the field of battle" warning, and I start dying... And, douh! This jerks trying to kill me." On that one occation he ended up killing us both. I thought that was just a fluke and a jerk. Another week, another server, an even better pilot joins me. I offer him the seat (dumb) he flys off into the hills and lands on the out of bounds line, I jump out, he starts to take off I jump back in, he lands on the line again. By this time I'm so mad I'm steaming. I died in that cockpit, no punish opportunity. If I had been thinking clearly I would have writen down names, but the situations caught me by surprise.
    Is this Bf2's dirty little secret? I've never read/heard it discussed... totally took me off guard.

I recognize there are situations where someone has a buddy they would rather fly with, or they think maybe I'm not up to their standards... But cheating with a non-punishable tk should be bannable.

Re: Chopper pilots TKing their own gunners

happens every now and then with jerks, just deal and move on. It usually means A)they want a friend there and took a bullet to the head and are suffering form "retarded communitcation syndrome" or B) they want to solo TV.

Comment

I was on a 24/7 Dalian server, when a little prick tried to do that. I gave him the pilots seat, but he wanted to go solo. We both were out of bounds. He lost some health, so he panicked and bailed. I hopped into the pilots seat, took the chopper far away from action and just hovered there. Whenever I came back for repairs, that dude kept trying to shoot me with the AA. Killed himself with the AA once. There were only 3 minutes left and out team was winning by 100 tickets or something. Rest of the round, he kept crying and cursing. His messages were just hilarious.

Comment

When I pilot, I normally get an at least average gunner.. but if I get a guy, and we're going... and then I aim him for a camera... and just keep aiming.. and he doesn't do anything... then he just starts shooting his CANNON... at the tank... I will first go to the carrier... explain to use the TV on tanks, and then give him one more chance. If he is retarded again, I go back to the carrier, say "Get out!" a bunch of times, and if he doesn't, then I bring him out of bounds and get a GOOD gunner...

But I can't see a reason to do that to someone other than an EXTREMELY ****ty gunner.

Comment

Happened to me. A two man squad who belong to a clan on Wake tk'd me. Me and two guys in the same clan were waiting for a chopper , one mate and me got in , the other guy wasn't a sniper and couldn't tk me.

The driver drove to South Base , landed the heli and sniped me out of my gunner seat , flew back and got his clan mate in the gunner seat.

Some jerks. Aswell as that , you get the guys who drive a car at you , get out of it before it runs you over then he gets the heli / plane.

Comment

There usually just selfish players and want everything for themselves or their friend. If me and my friend are trying to do a helicopter thing and someone else hops in, I usually just kindly ask if we could have it cause were on Teamspeak and we are trying to practice, and surprisingly most of the time they get out or switch off with us.

Comment

This usually happens if the guys next to you is a clan member and your not and wanted you replaced on your seat by his clan buddies. It happens, especially on clan servers.

Comment

Motivates me to stick some C4 as a present onto that chopper and let him fly away for a bit. I like to stick it on the forward window so the tking retard can think about his impending death.

That would be one of the few actions in the game without a punish, hovering on the dead line killing the gunner. That will need to be addressed.

Comment

I appreciate the feedback, partly just because blowing off steam feels good; but especially I think it is a good thing if more people are made aware of stuff like this. The only responce I can think of to finding yourself in a situation like this is getting the name involved and publishing it...
                  I mean, what would you do, as a gunner, if your pilot headed off for the out of bounds line and set down so you were in it but not him. Would you just get out and walk home...let yourself die... or what??

Comment

Wait until the pilot hovers at the deadline and perhaps use a c key to get a external view of the chopper which should reveal the pilot's name including [+1] for gunner.

The screenshot should reveal the GPS spin map at the boundary and hopefully be precise enough to see that the pilot is attempting to kill the gunner.

I would be a medic and use the time until death to take a bunch of screens and pick the best one, report to BF2RS and let them deal with it.

Comment

I had this done to me a day or so ago.

No-one has mentioned a fix, the obviouse thing would be to make it the vehicle that is monitored for being out of bounds, not the actual person, and punish everyone in the vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by McBain
                        I had this done to me a day or so ago.

No-one has mentioned a fix, the obviouse thing would be to make it the vehicle that is monitored for being out of bounds, not the actual person, and punish everyone in the vehicle.
                        Actually McBain, I think that might be a good idea... it would give any pilot pause about taking that step...
                        Ohhh... uhmm sorry, wrong coloquial;

"yeah dude, punish the morons!"

:rock:

Comment

Originally posted by madmocha
                          I recognize there are situations where someone has a buddy they would rather fly with, or they think maybe I'm not up to their standards... But cheating with a non-punishable tk should be bannable.
                          And on xtra/gamearena/internode/iconz servers it IS a bannable offence, and is treated exactly like a malicious TK.

Comment

its a good way to get rid of that n00b that doesnt shoot cars, use tv missiles and generally sucks. if your not capable of gunning at least 30people down a round with the chopper, then you shouldnt be in it tbh.

Comment

LOL ya that happens to everyone from time to time. Never fails there is always someone that thinks they need to be a pain!

Comment

Working...
                              X