No announcement yet.

You guys think DC will take over again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys think DC will take over again?

when the mod comes outy,do you think it will pwn battlefield again like it did to bf1942

Re: You guys think DC will take over again?

Nope, not a chance. EA/DICE pretty much made sure mods wouldnt live like they did way back with 42 and bfv. Stats.

Comment

yeh it wont since its not ranked (dumb ea)

Comment

Originally posted by MouseNo4
        Nope, not a chance. EA/DICE pretty much made sure mods wouldnt live like they did way back with 42 and bfv. Stats.
        I would disagree, once someone has had a taste of a mod that has man y more vehicles and maps, I think people will stop caring as much about stats as they might care now. Games were really popular without stats, and they will continue to be after BF2.
        One thing to keep in mind, when you say DC people think Desert Combat. The BF2 mod is Desert Conflict or DCON. It is not made by the same people, and it will be different than the original DC. I want to play DCON and USI. I think these will be 2 of the strongest mods to come.
        /$.02

Comment

Originally posted by gino23
          when the mod comes outy,do you think it will pwn battlefield again like it did to bf1942
          The team that made DC for 1942 is not making a mod for BF2. Most of them work for EA now and worked on BF2.

For the umpteenth time, the guys making the mod called Desert Conflict for BF2 are not the guys who made Desert Combat for 1942.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
            I would disagree, once someone has had a taste of a mod that has man y more vehicles and maps, I think people will stop caring as much about stats as they might care now. Games were really popular without stats, and they will continue to be after BF2.
            /$.02
            I only said that because by the time DCON is at the stage where it becomes mainstream like DC was at around about v0.38 or v0.4, 2142 will be out and stats will become more important for that game. Whilst DC was running the show there were no better battlefield games to play. So unless DCON gets to 0.3 or 0.4 REAL fast, its lifespan will be far too short to make it own all other mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Hell2pay
              For the umpteenth time, the guys making the mod called Desert Conflict for BF2 are not the guys who made Desert Combat for 1942.
              yep - i sometimes wonder if desert conflict started with the hope that people would think that the DC guys were workin on it.

there's DC and DCon. There's a pun intended. but maybe i'm just biased. they do good work from what i've seen.

Comment

I hope it takes over. But not being ranked is definitely an issue. Most everyone cares about points, but ****... if you actually try and play the game without worrying about points, it makes it a ton better. Seriously, WTF does it matter if you have the next rank or not? I couldn't care less about points. I'll be going to DC in a heartbeat.

Comment

I've been part of the Desert Conflict beta team for along time, this mod will pwn..

Comment

Originally posted by Hell2pay
                    The team that made DC for 1942 is not making a mod for BF2. Most of them work for EA now and worked on BF2.
                    Um...no? Trauma got cut right around the time of the BF2 release. From what I understand, they recently went to work for THQ (I think) under the name Kaos Studios.

Comment

It probly won't. Lots of people would like it yes but I thing EA has made bf2 kindof like DC. So therefor it will not have such a big impact on the bf2 players out there.

Comment

Originally posted by 7e7-2005
                        It probly won't. Lots of people would like it yes but I thing EA has made bf2 kindof like DC. So therefor it will not have such a big impact on the bf2 players out there.
                        DC is to BF2 as an Alienware laptop is to a Fisher Price My First Computer. BF2 is geared toward people who suck at video games, quite honestly. ANY mod that can offer good gameplay, something where your guns don't act like an electron in the magnetic field of a superconducting magnet, as well as devices that aren't programmed to allow a 5 year old to be able to pick them up and use them without any practice what so ever, will have a decent community.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]IndianScout
                          I've been part of the Desert Conflict beta team for along time, this mod will pwn..
                          There you go Mouse, straight from the Scouts mouth...LOL! I want a gig like that!
                          I really do not think that 2142 is going to be that great. It might be a great game, but I doubt it will be the breakthrough game of the decade or anything. If EA times it's release just right, it will be successful. If they don't then it will get swept under the rug so to speak in light of GRAW or even QW.
                          A lot of people (believe it or not) do not like BF2 specifically because of the way the game was released. This I think will make many more people think twice before rushing out and buying it the day it comes out. I know for a fact that many people will wait for the first 2-3 patches get released for it, then they will buy it if it does not create such a backlash like BF2. I will be content with the mods for a long time to come. DCON and USI will be the ones that steal the prize. Why buy another game when you can get the best mods around?

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
                            yep - i sometimes wonder if desert conflict started with the hope that people would think that the DC guys were workin on it.

there's DC and DCon. There's a pun intended. but maybe i'm just biased. they do good work from what i've seen.
                            I'm a tester for them. Yes they do very good work. A lot of things need work, but it's already showing signs of being a top notch mod.

Comment

Originally posted by MouseNo4
                              ALL of the people who hate the ranking system (and there's lots of us) and what it's done to BF will move over to the good mods. I don't know if DCon will be one of the good ones but there will be a handful.

Comment

Working...
                              X