Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DICE might have a very good plan to convince you to buy BF 2142...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DICE might have a very good plan to convince you to buy BF 2142...

But first - I don't work at DICE. I don't know anyone who works at DICE. I don't know anyone who knows anyone who has had sex with anyone who works at DICE. These are just my rampant ruminations.

It occurred to me, while showering after a brisk run, that DICE might have a pretty damn good idea up its sleeve to convince BF2 players to buy 2142.

They're going to carry over your rank.

Think about it. You've invested tons of time and earned a lot for yourself in the way of pride, prestige, unlocks, and the feel-good sense of progress. DICE will undoubtedly create a ranking system for 2142 (they'll probably use the same code from BF2's), so it makes wonderful sense to lure BF2 players into buying the new game by rewarding them for their loyalty and hard work.

You'll start at a higher rank, you'll have access to content (such as unlocks) that brand new players will have to work to acquire, and you'll be part of a circle of "veterans" who can all take pride in knowing that you fought together in wars before. Plus, they'll add a whole new tier of high-level content for you to work toward.

It's brilliant, really. And it'll work!

Of course, they may not be planning on doing this at all - but they ought to

Re: DICE might have a very good plan to convince you to buy BF 2142...

Actually, yeah i'd do it.

Comment

I thought the idea was scrapped?

Comment

Yeah, that would be a damned good idea. Unfortunately I doubt it's gonna happen

Comment

I thought they might do this. I hope they don't though, because I don't want to buy 2142.

Comment

Originally posted by TITAN126
            I hope they don't though, because I don't want to buy 2142.
            You wouldn't have to buy it - you'd just be rewarded if you did.

Comment

Originally posted by TITAN126
              I thought they might do this. I hope they don't though, because I don't want to buy 2142.
              QFT...

vbl- i take it that you meant you DON'T know anyone at dice and don't know anyone that has had sex with anyone at dice...but yeah, on a side note wth is that in your avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by xZeler8
                QFT...

vbl- i take it that you meant you DON'T know anyone at dice and don't know anyone that has had sex with anyone at dice...but yeah, on a side note wth is that in your avatar?
                Good call - updated. I got too excited about the idea and forgot to make sense.

My avatar is taken from some of the BF2 concept art. Talk about missing the mark.

Comment

No freekin way will that happen I hope.

Totally different game type, cmon, its gonna play more like halo.

And if it is, then the genre needs an update & can't wait, quake wars first though..

Comment

Originally posted by old sch00l
                    No freekin way will that happen I hope.

Totally different game type, cmon, its gonna play more like halo.

And if it is then the genre needs an update & can't wait, quake wars first though..
                    You could be your own great grandson... fighting in the future! You'll be fulfilling the family legacy.

Comment

personally i hope there isnt a ranking system at all in 2142. i dont want to have to deal with it any more, its gotten boring for me to have all these people who have to try to pump thier stats by tank whoring or something like that.

Comment

lol you should work for EA\Dice.. Publasist

If they implement team balancing via rank would be a very good start, as I imagin stacked teams can really mess with the whole balance thing :s

Comment

What about unlocks? Theres going to be different kinds of guns? How is that going to work... And yeah, Cerberus is right, the ranking system is horrible in BF2. Why carry it over? Just make all the guns unlocked... Or what would be intresting is if you win games, you win money. You buy new guns and boost ups or whatever. (Like in BF2MC, except there, you unlock them) But... I hope DICE kicks out the ranking system... Sucks here, probably will suck there

Comment

Originally posted by ||bfa||variable
                            Good call - updated. I got too excited about the idea and forgot to make sense.

My avatar is taken from some of the BF2 concept art. Talk about missing the mark.
                            it kinda almost looks like something from special forces but not really

Comment

Iv'e said it before and I'll say it again your a genius Variable.

Now anyone care to take bet's on BF 2142 having or not having the Red/Blue Tag bug???

Comment

Working...
                              X