Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any drawback when playing on a server that doesn't verify client data??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any drawback when playing on a server that doesn't verify client data??

Originally posted by papi4baby
    From my understanding Linux does verify client data, it just does it alot faster than windows.
    It doesn't verify it at all. For starts, it doesn't have this icon: That image is the icon used to show what servers are running Content Checking. You see the little 'Verifying Data' thing on your screen after mapload because that graphic is controlled by the client side, so it doesn't know not to show it until after the server has told it that it is not going to happen. In short, it goes to that graphic by default.

For some reason, people still believe that icon means BattleRecorder. You can go to EA's support page for this game and see what all the icons mean.

I wasn't exactly sure why Linux servers couldn't do it, but what that guy posted above me makes sense as to what I figured was happening anyways, that it was never made on the Nix server setup or that it was broke.

As for 'Any drawbacks'. A lot of things are controlled on the server, like rof and deviation. But, things like fog level in the map, player models, huds are all controlled by the client. If one were so inclined and knew how to do so, you could swap out the hud from the jet onto a tank.

Comment

Re: Any drawback when playing on a server that doesn't verify client data??

Very interesting so far,

Comment

Working...
      X