Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just witnessed the commander's glitch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just witnessed the commander's glitch!

At the end of the round, we won, and as I was looking at the score, I noticed commander's score was like 5 digits long! So I hit Print Screen in a hurry. I also noticed the winning song was not sounding right, it was like multiple songs played at once. As I was waiting for the next round, the score just switched to '0' for everybody! How strange, I thought, so I took another picture.
    Ok, I said to myself, now I have a lot of proofs. Poor commander – I am thinking… now he's going to get reset… 5 digits is a lot!
    Unfortunately I can't remember his name. Anyway, a new round started and nobody would apply to be commander, at least for a couple of minutes. No UAV, no artillery for our team. Later some guy applied (it was Jonathan_Black, as I recall). Being late for me, I took a last picture of the server's IP and then I left the game, without waiting for the round to end.
    Now is the weird part: looking in the picture's folder, there is only the last picture in it! No picture of that super score. And no picture of the zeroed score for all players. This is the whole story. Make what you want of it.
    Server's IP: 81.3.59.102. It's the last one I played on.
    All I have is a picture of the round immediately after the glitch event. Not much of a proof, I'm afraid… This has happened like 45 minutes ago.
    I am still in shock…

Re: I just witnessed the commander's glitch!

so what is the commanders glitch, no one will say what it is.

Comment

final score is not in-game, just like server-browser, bfhq, etc... prnt scrn wont work unless you paste it into a paint program

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa
        so what is the commanders glitch, no one will say what it is.
        if it was stated on these forums that have huge amounts of visitors, i think EA would have to reset everyones stats

Comment

The glitch is that a winning commander can get his score multiplied not by 2, but by many times x2, because an admin is doing something wrong at the server's side.
          And I didn't know about print screen working only in-game. Bad way to find out...

Comment

Originally posted by Batausu
            I am still in shock…
            TAKE A DEEP BREATH

Comment

Originally posted by Hacksaw
              TAKE A DEEP BREATH
              I'm OK now, thanks.

Comment

don't wurry, the guy who glitched will get reset in no time, EA has set some automated detecting system on commader scores, detecting everybody who glitches and resetting there stats within the next 10 min .

probably when tat commander guy went to look at his stats to see how well he glitched he already see that his stats are ZERO

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
                  don't wurry, the guy who glitched will get reset in no time, EA has set some automated detecting system on commader scores, detecting everybody who glitches and resetting there stats within the next 10 min .

probably when tat commander guy went to look at his stats to see how well he glitched he already see that his stats are ZERO

How do you know this?

Comment

It wasn't necessarily the commander's fault. The admins of a server can do it to anyone who is commander.

Comment

Originally posted by Batausu
                      The glitch is that a winning commander can get his score multiplied not by 2, but by many times x2, because an admin is doing something wrong at the server's side.
                      And I didn't know about print screen working only in-game. Bad way to find out...

oh cool. thanks

Comment

It wasn't necessarily the commander's fault. The admins of a server can do it to anyone who is commander.
                        Unfortunately this is true.

Comment

So does this mean that, to be on the safe side and assuming I don't want to have my stats reset, I should never be commander?

Comment

So does this mean that, to be on the safe side and assuming I don't want to have my stats reset, I should never be commander?
                            Im sure alot of ppl will say no but i think that im only going to command where i know the admin

Comment

Originally posted by Wurum
                              Until they fix the issue, yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X