Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mu only problem with AT kit

Originally posted by MrBenis
    If you've ever played the various realism mods you'd know taht a human could carry only 2 of those 11 kilo missles at best. Plus, one missle on its own almost knocks out a tank.
    Hmm, I should try one of those realism mods, it sounds like it would force more strategy and timing instead of everyone running around like a HL deathmatch.

Comment

OK, in theory you can take out two armor pieces with the misiles you are carieing, but I don't know how you guys are using the AT kit , but for example, I spawn as AT , some dude is to far for killing with the DAO, I kill him with misile (-1), take his budy out (-1) , then some vehicle is rushing to the flag, take it out (-1) , in time there arived a tank trying to rape the point, and offcourse he has a nice commander who dropped a suplie crate for him , shoot at suplie crate for destroying it (-1) , tank needs three, but you only have two left,there you are, out of ammo, nothing to do about it .

Same story when Tank and APC comes in, with both engineers in it repairing eachoter, you need at least three or four misiles to take out the APC, you don't have enough left for the tank .

Don't talk to me about ammo bags, for starting when a tank is in your flag area, you just can't walk wherever you want to pick up some ammo bag, also there is a big chance there aren't support guys there or they are dead .

also don't start about the fact there should be more AT guys then, for some reason, when a tank comes in, everybody spawns as medic

Comment

Originally posted by 2000sDigitalBoy
        But since no (rational) BF2 player wants to see AT missiles kill tanks in one hit, we forgive those little discretions.

everyone would go like "leik te OMFGz Digtalbey i' a HAXXOR he killed me wityt one AT m1ssil3!!!11!!11111!11" because they can't stand getting beat because they think they are the best thing since sliced bread

Comment

that is far too many missles....but some damn grenades for AT wouldnt hurt

Comment

My beef with the kit is reloading the DAO. When I'm in a close quarters firefight with more than 1 enemy, I usually have to reload the thing, and you can't just reload one shell, you have to reload all 12 before you can fire again, unless you switch to pistol and back again. This almost always gets me killed. I must develop the habit of switching to pistol to finish the guy off.

just reload about 4 or 5 then switch weapon and right back. I do this if the heat is on and cant wait for the full reload.

Comment

Actually I would be happy if the AT class had grenades. Every other kit has them.

Comment

I want more missile speed, and a faster reload.

That would just work wonders for me.

{WP}Paas

Comment

The AT class cant carry grenades because the AT rockets are actually grenade sized, and extend out like an i dont-know-what to be fired. they clip onto the webbing where the grenades would normally fit!

How else can 1 man carry so many heavy missiles?????

Comment

Working...
                  X