Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mu only problem with AT kit

To few AT rockets on board ,

I run out of them all the time, and calling for amo doesn't always do the trick, and certainly not in the heat of the battle, It should be like 7 or 8 AT misiles.

for the rest it's a very powerfull kit (DAO is one UBER weapon)

Re: Mu only problem with AT kit

yes i agree..more missles..and yes..the DAO is a nasty weapon..its my weapon of choice now..usually in the top three on my team everytime with it..just sucks long range..but hey..thats when u become uber-noob-tubing missle launch guy

Comment

The 6 missiles the AT class gets is enough to destroy two pieces of armor. Sounds like enough to me. Plus, with the all the support players running around, I don't usually run out of ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
        To few AT rockets on board ,

I run out of them all the time, and calling for amo doesn't always do the trick, and certainly not in the heat of the battle, It should be like 7 or 8 AT misiles.

for the rest it's a very powerfull kit (DAO is one UBER weapon)
        Seems abit excessive to me m8, on most maps its a very strong kit to use as is, and as you said the DAO is awesome, the AT rockets are great at popping off infantry from med/long distance if you have to and I manage to get ammo/supply drop most of the time to replenish my rockets. Its by far my most played kit atm and im lovin it Of course I wouldnt grumble too much if I was given 8 rockets to play with though:laugh:

Comment

I'll take a speed double. The darn things travel like a slow Car. A slow car that's blasting the "warning" radar to the tank driver.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Oh how I love blowing up vehichles full of infantry. I think 6 rockes is enough too (except I thought it came with 5).

My beef with the kit is reloading the DAO. When I'm in a close quarters firefight with more than 1 enemy, I usually have to reload the thing, and you can't just reload one shell, you have to reload all 12 before you can fire again, unless you switch to pistol and back again. This almost always gets me killed. I must develop the habit of switching to pistol to finish the guy off.

And for those situations where the enemy is medium range (or too far for DAO) I find a few well placed pistol shots to be very affective.

This is my favorite kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Wurum
              Oh how I love blowing up vehichles full of infantry. I think 6 rockes is enough too (except I thought it came with 5)
              No. If you look at the bottom right, you'll see a 1 meaning the rocket you have currently and then a small 5 next to it. That means you have a total of 6. One you're holding on your shoulder and 5 spare.

Comment

Originally posted by Enz0
                No. If you look at the bottom right, you'll see a 1 meaning the rocket you have currently and then a small 5 next to it. That means you have a total of 6. One you're holding on your shoulder and 5 spare.
                ...that you're holding in your pocket.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Originally posted by 2000sDigitalBoy
                  The 6 missiles the AT class gets is enough to destroy two pieces of armor. Sounds like enough to me. Plus, with the all the support players running around, I don't usually run out of ammo.
                  in fact, i dont even survive that long to even run out so i say yea, its enough
                  if you want to buff it up, then have EA make em do more dmg

Comment

i don't see the need for it really and on tank maps like the ones on euro force might make it a little to powerfull, besides that i hate the DAO and the other auto shutguns, never seem to do dammage to the US eng gun

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
                      I'll take a speed double. The darn things travel like a slow Car. A slow car that's blasting the "warning" radar to the tank driver.

{WP}Paas
                      Oh man I'd LOVE a speed double, but I'd be happier if SRAW's didn't fly RIGHT THROUGH helicopters and Vodniks. For whatever reason I find that a bit frustrating

Oh how I love blowing up vehichles full of infantry. I think 6 rockes is enough too (except I thought it came with 5).

My beef with the kit is reloading the DAO. When I'm in a close quarters firefight with more than 1 enemy, I usually have to reload the thing, and you can't just reload one shell, you have to reload all 12 before you can fire again, unless you switch to pistol and back again. This almost always gets me killed. I must develop the habit of switching to pistol to finish the guy off.

And for those situations where the enemy is medium range (or too far for DAO) I find a few well placed pistol shots to be very affective.

This is my favorite kit.
                      Interruprt the relaoding process by switching to your pistol for a second. However, you can't just bring up your pistol and then immediately bring your DAO back because forwhatever reason it will start reloading automoatically again. So keep the pistol out for a short delay then switch back to the DAO once you've loaded enough shells to take out the immediate threat. Once that guys toast you can take your time and replenish everything; DAO, SRAW, and pistol.

Oh how I love blowing up vehichles full of infantry.
                      I find it frustrating sometimes because one rocket won't even make a Vodnik flame up; it's retarded. A SRAW is designed to penetrate 18 inches of steel, it should at least make a Vodnik flame up in one hit. Of course, if I had my druthers it would take out all transports in one hit (like it obviously should :wall

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowace
                        i don't see the need for it really and on tank maps like the ones on euro force might make it a little to powerfull, besides that i hate the DAO and the other auto shutguns, never seem to do dammage to the US eng gun

thats cause its slightly more powerful and a slightly tighter spread
                        excellent for one shot kills in short range
                        but if youre in hand to hand range, and you miss/dont kill with your first shot, then the dao 12 will win hands down

Comment

Originally posted by Warm Pudgy
                          thats cause its slightly more powerful and a slightly tighter spread
                          excellent for one shot kills in short range
                          but if youre in hand to hand range, and you miss/dont kill with your first shot, then the dao 12 will win hands down
                          And if someone knows what they're doing with the DAO anyhow they're all over the place firing many shots at you. In that case it's very difficult for an engineer to aim with his single shot and hit you square in the face. 9.99/10 I'll take out engineers for this very reason.

Comment

If you've ever played the various realism mods you'd know taht a human could carry only 2 of those 11 kilo missles at best. Plus, one missle on its own almost knocks out a tank.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBenis
                              If you've ever played the various realism mods you'd know taht a human could carry only 2 of those 11 kilo missles at best. Plus, one missle on its own almost knocks out a tank.
                              But since no (rational) BF2 player wants to see AT missiles kill tanks in one hit, we forgive those little discretions.

Comment

Working...
                              X