• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My opinion on the ranking system.

Unlocks are lame

Comment

How about a combo of time, overall kills, w/L, k/d (infantry), accuracy, & k/d (vehicles)?

time (min.) + kills x w/l X k/d (infantry) X k/d (vehicles) X accuracy or something?

That would leave no 1 out I think

peace

Comment

Without the Ranks and unlocks everyone would stop playing.... The Ranking system is fine, the only people whining about it are the unskilled players who can't get there badges to move forward in Rank.. Live with it its not changing!!

Comment

i like the way that the ranks were back in 1.0

it should require alot more points to get a rank therefore harder to get unlocks
          and seeing as its harder to get unlocks, they should make the unlockables slightly better than the standard weapons
          just my opinion

Comment

Only problem i have with it is.... i want more unlocks. But i got no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior[DD]
              Without the Ranks and unlocks everyone would stop playing.... The Ranking system is fine, the only people whining about it are the unskilled players who can't get there badges to move forward in Rank.. Live with it its not changing!!
              Wrong only the noobs would stop playing the more dedicated players that play for enjoyment of the game would still be around.

Comment

The way unlocks are being given away is cheap imo. No need to really master the old weapon before you can get a new one.
                I'd do it in a different way:

-the medic should get unlocks for reviving/healing a certain amount of people, and have good combat abilities with a rifle.

-assault class should have many kills with the rifle, and grenades. Also, he should need a certain amount of flag caps, and flag defends to receive the next unlock as a main attacker class.

-AT needs to destroy a certain amount of tanks, and other vehicles to receive his next unlock. Also he needs a decent amount of kills with the shotguns, smg in order to be eligible for a new unlock.

-Support should need a certain amount of kills with the LMG, good amount of resupplies, and kills with hand grenades to get further unlocks. He should also need flag caps since he's a very offensive force.

-Engineer needs to get an unlock after reaching a certain amount of repair points. Also he should need to have a good amount of shotgun kills to be qualified for the next weapon unlock.

-Sniper has to have a good amount of kills with the scoped rifle, pistol, and claymores. A lot of flag defend points with the rifle would be good too.

I also think that ranks should have nothing to do with weapon unlocks.
                Just a couple of ideas...

Comment

Originally posted by Inc|LoKi
                  Wrong only the noobs would stop playing the more dedicated players that play for enjoyment of the game would still be around.
                  I supose with stock weapons have gotten you the Rank you have??

http://bf2s.com/player/Inc|Loki/

How in the world do you spend so much time playing this game??? I am not flaming you just wondering?? I play a couple of hours a night, but looking at your stats you play on average 6+ hours a day.....

Comment

I like the unlocks, as they open up new avenues for you to persue. It gives you a better variation to find the weapons that work for you.

Generally I use the original weapons, but some of the unlocks are nice. The M4 > L96A1 > Semi auto snipers,
                    PP-19 > DAO-12 > MP5
                    RPK-74 > PKM > SAW

And so on. But the unlocks do help the game, IMHO.

I'd like to have seen more thought put into them though. Like replace the AT's missile launcher with a MANPAD or so on. You know, open it up even more.

I would like to see some sort of bias added to the score like what SerialButcher suggested.

I mean play Karkand as an Engineer. I've often scored 80 points with my trusty M11-87 only to have some armour whore in his tank score 90. Now which one worked harder for his score?

True he used a tank better than I ever could, but still.

Hell I'm happy with the way the rank system works (EXCEPT!!!! for the gap between 1st Sergent and Sergent Major . What you're saying is for my next rank I have to score more points than i have in my entire BF2 history so far?)
                    What I would like to see is the people who jump into planes/trains/automobiles "suspended" from their classs.

I mean come end of round if they've scored high they get on the "leaderboard" with the Armour / Heli kills, but also on the "kit" leaderboard with a huge score that they didn't work as hard as a ground pounder did.

Make it that the kills in a vehicle don't add score to your "kit". Only to your player. This can be done because kit score doesn't count when you switch kits. So why not make a temporary "driver" one that keeps score for when you are in a vehicle?

KBK

Comment

Noway should it be done by hours done because why should people who don't play very often be singled out?

Comment

The ranking system, awards, and unlocks have made pubbing this game suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior[DD]
                          I supose with stock weapons have gotten you the Rank you have??
                          Indeed that would be correct yes. Stock weapons and vehicles.

Varly rarely do i use an unlock weapon unless im out of ammo and i pick up a kit that is unfortunatly a stupid unlock gun

Comment

Originally posted by Inc|LoKi
                            Indeed that would be correct yes. Stock weapons and vehicles.

Varly rarely do i use an unlock weapon unless im out of ammo and i pick up a kit that is unfortunatly a stupid unlock gun
                            Stock vehicles? No turbocharger on that HMMWV, eh?

And if you don't mind my asking, if you'd rather they get rid of the ranks and unlocks, why so you have so much time spent on ranked servers?

~Wolfgang

Comment

Working...
                            X