My opinion on the ranking system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My opinion on the ranking system.

Points gained would be what it is right now, with everyone boosting their points non-legitely.

Total Hours played means that once you get to a certin ammount of total hours played they give you a choice of unlock.

Number of frags means that you have to reach an amount of kills/frags and then they give you unlock.

Other means post your idea if its not in here.

Re: My opinion on the ranking system.

Get rid of ranks and unlocks and make everybody play with the standard ones.

Comment

im getting tired of the ranking system. i need to drop it like a bad habit lol

Comment

i like the system..it gives me something to look forward to

Comment

Originally posted by Inc|LoKi
          Get rid of ranks and unlocks and make everybody play with the standard ones.
          agreed.

Comment

Give everyone unlocks, give commander priority based solely on number of actual days played (as in, days you've logged on and played at least one game), that's it.

Comment

with everyone boosting their points non-legitely
              sorry man, you sound like a whiny girl, 10 guys use a glitch, you say everybody is boosting there points non legit , be serious man, there are about 1.000.000 acounts .

And about frags, BF2 isn't only about fragging, there are lots of other things in the game .

and there is no such thing as a perfect ranking system, there will always be some dudes finding some way to exploit it .

The rank system is good as it is now, you get points for killing, for helping your team (healing, repairing, resuplie, ....) and flag caping .

and it's perfectly normal, players who play the game a lot , well, they have more points, and those who are good at the game will just gain the points somewhat faster .

Comment

I personally like the hour based one, people who play the most get rewards. There really wont be able to stat pad that or explit it, i mean, the only cheap way would to be leave your computer on in your own server which would be stupid.

Comment

Getting the extra points from padding etc, really doesnt make any difference to me. i dont do it, but still get the unlocks etc. So I dont think too much needs to change.

But on the other hand, the ease at which some "whores" might gain badges etc, then that still makes me laugh. That you can get your kills needed (say 10 or whatever each badge is) while you are in a plane, even though you dont kill anyone on the ground. Now don't get me wrong, i could kill someone in a plane or helo if I tried, and dont worry, I have tried...LOL...but there needs to be an obvious line between the badges gained while infantry and those gained while armor / plane / helo etc. I know it is close, as there are obvious badges for both, but maybe just ensure that to get the combat badges, you need to be on the ground fighting, rather than over a base bombing.

I know this has issues...LOL...so I won't change a game which I enjoy

Comment

Ok, it was my mistake to say that everybody was boosting points non legitely and I take that back, I think i meant to say that most of us get upset when you work hard for your points and then someone gains your whole accounts global points and more in one round.

Comment

about the hour based one, then it is totaly out of hand, just join server, sit your ass in front of tv, and lets IDLE the whole thing .

Now , when it's point based, you do need to do something for your points, and people who are better will gain ranks and stuff faster then people who suck, wich is in my logic the most normal thing in the world .

It's like , I go to work, and my boss says: "as off now, you don't get payed/promoted to your prestations, but just for the time you spend here .
                      next day, the whole office arives with there dam longchair

Comment

If you idle for too long on most servers you get kicked.

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
                          It's like , I go to work, and my boss says: "as off now, you don't get payed/promoted to your prestations, but just for the time you spend here .
                          next day, the whole office arives with there dam longchair
                          LOL! Best. Analogy. Ever!

But ya, I'd like to see EA implement a performance-based ranking system, so people who have lives actually have a chance of being close to the top. I think over on www.statpadder.com they developed an unofficial system like this. Seriously, people like Sgt_MaxPower and rb378wby are a joke. I'm willing to bet that a good chunk of people have a better SPM and K/D Ratio than both of them.

Comment

http://www.bftracks.com

OMG, a tracking system that was in place before the BF2 ranking system, and doesn't require you to play 23.5 hours a day to be "good". It actually takes into account if you're a team player and can do multiple roles, not use one kit well or one vehicle well or one map well. Imagine that. EA = lose.

Comment

More effective weapons for just playing is stupid to me. I can understand unlocking more skins, taunts, voice commands, music, and so on.

The ranking/unlock system here is just broken but from what i understand most leauges go vanilla weapons only.

Socom1 and 2 did the extra fun stuff right.

Comment

Working...
                              X