• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Graphics Card

im running
    7800GT CO SE
    2GB of ram
    AMD64 3700+

And I have everything on high everything on high in my video card settings I get NO lag when I first join the game

Comment

I run at 1680x1050 with everything on high and 4xAA on regular BF2... noAA and a mix of med/high settings when I run special forces...

Comment

What about RAM? Is it a card thing as well? Which ones are good?
        Right now, Medium settings would be fine for me I guess...

Comment

All i know about your computer so far is that it has a gig of ram, and it's probably AGP. What about your PSU and processor?

The best bang-for-buck is probably the nVidia 6600GT, wich will give you smooth gameplay at 1024x768 on mediums - Don't expect anything higher for the price (wich is about $100-150)

The 6800gs is your next option, wich is usually around $200.

If you can get more money to spend, and you have PCI-e, buy an x1600xt. These usually go for around $150 for the cheaper models to $200+ for the more expensive ones. The performance benefit will be worth it, though.

Don't bother with the ATI x800 or x700 series. These use an older shader model, Wich forces future games such as Unreal Tournament 2007 to run it on lower settings. (DirectX level)

Comment

When I installed BF2, it said something about updating my Direct X 9 or something like that. Well, I guess $100 for medium settings is reasonable.
            Thanks again for the help guys. ^^

Comment

Working...
            X