Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with XP 64bit notice faster loading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone with XP 64bit notice faster loading?

I downloaded the x64 driver from creative then installed what was on the disk, everything worked fine, it jus kept crashin my bf2 game...unless there are new drivers out, i bought mine back in jan or dec came remember i got it for %50 off retail price

I just read my old thread in the creative website, and they said to put it on game mode...though the sound is ugly! lol

ill give it a try today after school

Comment

I use NOD32 and service pack 2 firewall. I also run the Micro$oft (Giant) Spyware scanner on x64. They all work politely with one another. The game loads plenty fast then again, it could be the RAID0 10k raptors and a bunch of memory.

Comment

Anyone here use an ATI video card and Audigy2ZS with XP64? I've been looking at installing it as well but I don't want to mess around with it if there's no chance of it working.

Comment

there are hardly no driversfor anything like printers

Comment

There are plenty of drivers for printers as long as your printer is new, MS doesnt support old printers full stop.

Comment

That's not true about the drivers, if you look hard enough you will find drivers, now if you printer is old, then yeah, most likely there wont be any. And for the guy asking about a ATI card with Creative Soundblaster 2ZS, it will be fine, just get the Catalyst that are 64bit compatible, and go to the creative website and get drivers for the soundcard that are also 64bit.

For the Xfi guy, i have my Xfi control on games all the time, but it should not make a difference. It does sound different if i use my headset, and i have it on the console for 2/2.1 speakers, or vice versa. But like i said the 64bit drivers for Xfi worked good for me.

Comment

Originally posted by unununium
                Anyone here use an ATI video card and Audigy2ZS with XP64? I've been looking at installing it as well but I don't want to mess around with it if there's no chance of it working.
                audigy2 works well with x64, just make sure you dl the drivers first then disk install

Comment

ONLY 64 bit programs will run faster on a 64 bit system because it uses twice the pipelines a 32 bit program does. if you run a 32 bit program on a 64 bit system, it still will only use the 32 bit pipelines, giving no performance boost.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Eden
                    All XP64 system proccesses are 64 bit.

I also run PuTTY 64bit in the background constantly,
                    I have 64 bit versions of both Firefox and Thunderbird (they fly by the way)

You can get them here -> http://www.mozilla-x86-64.com/

I also have a few other opensource 64 bit programs that I run.
                    Thanks for the 64bit firefox, installing right now

Originally posted by Raiblast
                    ONLY 64 bit programs will run faster on a 64 bit system because it uses twice the pipelines a 32 bit program does. if you run a 32 bit program on a 64 bit system, it still will only use the 32 bit pipelines, giving no performance boost.
                    I know that, but for some reason i guess since 64bit deals with memory better and faster, i notice that the game loads about maybe 1 second faster than XP pro, i remember, the loading bar since 1.22 but kind of stop for a sec at 62%, now it does not, just go right thru it

Comment

The only problem I have found with Fx64 is it is version 1.6a1 which has limited support for plugins, however thunderbird is great, there is no more connection problems anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X